Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tuna and mercury poisoning

UFCEDRSON

I have heard one of my favorite snacks ever can be highly dangerous if consume daily due to the high amounts of mercury it contains, I'm lucky I found out on time, til a few days ago I used to have two cans daily, what are your thoughts on this and what qty of can tuna do you think would be safe to have every week? thank you

Tuna is not high in mercury. The best thing you can do is get the skipjack variety as it is known to have the lowest mercury content. If you are only eating 1-2 cans per day you will have nothing to worry about.

There is no problems with eating canned tuna every day as long as you are eating the skipjack or light tuna version. Skipjack (also called light tuna) is actually a very small fish and has a very low mercury content. It's also the cheapest tuna available which is nice.

Stay away from albacore tuna. It tastes better then skipjack but it has a lot of mercury in it and is only safe to eat 2-3 days per week.

Top Bottom