Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How have YOUR food choices changed?

I think the main thing that my log taught me was to know my limitations. There are certain foods that surpass my willpower, and keeping those out of the house makes my life a lot easier.

I learned that I COULD survive on food I cooked myself, and that the only aisles I need in the grocery store are the meat, frozen vegetable, fresh vegetable, peanut butter, and breakfast aisles.

I learned that I could go WEEKS without eating out. Who'd have thought?

I learned that not only are protein shakes not "totally disgusting", but that some of them are like dessert in a shaker bottle. As a side note, I also learrned that Tupperware makes the ONLY FRIGGIN shaker bottle that doesn't leak.

And, I learned that my logging in my journal can be a motivator to my friends who read my journal - which in turn motivates me to "keep it clean!"

I never thought I would eat cottage chesse.

I never thought my LONG list of favorite junk foods would be NARROWED down to just three things (bacon cheeseburgers, pizza, & buffalo wings).

I never thought I would be able to maintain my weight loss and still ENJOY life.

I never thought I would prefer oats w/ blueberries and cinnamon over omeletts and sausage.

I never thought a bagel would be a cheat meal. LOL

Six meals a day???

I never thought I would crave protein bars in lieu of cake. :p

I never thought I would love my body as much as I do now. :heart:

I never thought there would be a possibility that I might not get diabetes (it runs in my family), thanks to a new way of eating and Glucorell.

I also didn't think that EF would allow me to meet some really nice people. :)

My food choices have always been really good (neurotic sports mother) :rolleyes:

It's the concept of eating and eating enough cals and more cals that I've struggled and will probably always struggle around. Don't get me wrong I like burgers, pizza, cheesecake and margaritas as much as the next person but it's the concept of not punishing yourself for for feeding that's the issue.

God, it's great to get that off my chest.

1) To realise food isnt the enemy its my new best friend :heart:

2) Hated everything about oatmeal....Now i could live off the stuff :p

3) Cottage cheese with stewed apple knocks the sox off a gateau

4) A bottle of wine was the norm for me...tastes like paint stripper now :sick:

5) Craving for protein not biscuits :chomp:

6) And yes P.B was givin to us from the gods :verygood:

7) water ! what can i say from never,ever drinking it to never having enough, its my new chardonnay !!!

I'm still working on the food thang - but I NEVER thought that I'd be eating enough chicken to CLUCK! :lmao:

PS. Great thread, Bunny!

*Bunny* said:
Paint stripper!!!!! :lmao:

Vel ... I get you. :rose:

Honestly Bunny tried a glass the other night wanted to celebrate ( my sons 18th & my bro home on leave from Iraq ) couldnt stomach it the fumes were enough.......who'd av thought this time 18mts ago i thought i may av needed rehab !! :worried:

emillou said:
Honestly Bunny tried a glass the other night wanted to celebrate ( my sons 18th & my bro home on leave from Iraq ) couldnt stomach it the fumes were enough.......who'd av thought this time 18mts ago i thought i may av needed rehab !! :worried:

Same here. I use to be able to split an entire bottle, sometimes 2. Now I can barely get a glass down. Now, if I buy a bottle, I use almost 90% of it to flavor stews and soups.

I think for me my whole additude and views on food and nurtition have totally changed.

Before I just ate,if I wanted something I ate it even if it's only a small amount I ate.

Now I know what is best for my body and my goals. I think more concesiously about my choices.

If I make bad choices now my body lets me know it.

I now know that I can eat, a b and c and my body will run like a well maintained engine but if I x y z then it's gonna run like a piece of shit engine that has been neglected and need an oil change.

I love drinking water now, sometimes I drink so much that I feel like my eyeballs are just floating around in my head.

I take my vitamins religiously.

I'm just over all more concious about my health!!!

For foods I have been trying new stuff. Like before I hated hated hated cottage cheese but now I eat it and often put it in my recipes. I have always been one to avoid alot of vegetable but now I look at them as a fuel source that's good for my mind and body and eat them often.

Top Bottom