Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Healthy Diet

Houchens

I apologize if this is a re-post. I tried the regular member search, but that feature of the (non-plat) website is very, very bad.

Anyhoo, I was reading about the various diets people were using and I got to wondering about the health aspects of these diets. (It may have something to do seeing people eating tons of ANPB). I was trying to figure out the 'must haves' in a diet built around health and well-being.

I am guessing it needs the added healthy fats, no extreme ranges for the macro-nutrients, a muti-vitamin, and low sugar and sodium levels. Anything need to be added?

Also, I was wondering the effects (health/mental ability/energy) of the various diets I have seen on the board? I am looking to change my current diet and I would appreciate it if anyone would let me know what has (or hasn't) worked.

Houchens

Man, this is a very general and open question. It would take pages to go into that.

For the most, you basically answered your question. My personal opinion is that diets that are too restrictive or biased toward a macronutrient are the easier to fall off the wagon.

A diet that is so hard to keep on, will inevitably fail. No extreme is a good extreme.

As for general guidelines for a healtier life:

1. Avoid processed carbs (white flour, sugar, etc)
2. Avoid Trans, Sat fats
3. Avoid alcohol
4. Avoid mixing 1,2,3 in a single meal
5. Consume lean protein
6. Consume EFAs

These are all very general... tweaking a macro 10% up or down can have trmendous implications in the sucess a person is seeing, so it is all a very personal thing.

Diets are very subjective -- what works for 1 person may not work for another person...... And by "diet" I mean the way you eat every day.....

Dont' think of a diet as a temporary solution just so you can fit in your Speedo this summer -- it's a lifestyle change......

There are reports that the Mediterranean Diet is the healthiest out there -- you might want to check it out. The M diet is pretty simple to follow -- healthy fats, veggies, complex carbs, etc....

jenscats5 said:
Diets are very subjective -- what works for 1 person may not work for another person...... And by "diet" I mean the way you eat every day.....

Dont' think of a diet as a temporary solution just so you can fit in your Speedo this summer -- it's a lifestyle change......

There are reports that the Mediterranean Diet is the healthiest out there -- you might want to check it out. The M diet is pretty simple to follow -- healthy fats, veggies, complex carbs, etc....

When I go for Holidays in Spain, what I do does not look at all like diet... Must be so hard to diet in Spain, Southern France or Italy... All that yummy food!!! Gotta have it all!!! LOL

pintoca said:
When I go for Holidays in Spain, what I do does not look at all like diet... Must be so hard to diet in Spain, Southern France or Italy... All that yummy food!!! Gotta have it all!!! LOL

OK -- now you're just showing off......

BTW -- who is that in your avi??

Top Bottom