Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

final verdict, are salted peanuts good or bad?

kinetjohn

are they better than non salted ? I usually have them before work out with my preworkout drink, I see salt in a positive way but some people say salted peanuts cause water retention.

There is sodium in a lot of things in your diet already. No need to add more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sodium is an essential electrolyte needed for muscle contractions. Too much sodium is not good but you don't want to eliminate it either. If you are following a typical bodybuilding diet and not eating processed foods, you will be getting very little sodium in your diet so you will need to add sodium to your diet through things like salted nuts.

However, there are much better options then peanuts. Peanuts are not a healthy food at all. They were so heavily marketed in the 1960s to keep the American peanut farmers in business. Peanuts are very fungus forming and have a very poor fatty acid profile. They have way too many omega 6 fatty acids and not near enough omega 3. Peanuts are also high in pyruvic acid which is an anti-nutrient in the body. It binds to minerals in your intestines and prevents them from being absorbed.

Almonds, walnuts, pistachios and brazil nuts are such better options. If you like salted peanuts, try salted almonds instead.

It really depends on what the rest of your diet looks like. You should track your sodium intake and see where you are. As long as you are getting a proper amount and drinking enough water you will have no issues.

Water retention is ugly and fools you on the scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Salted peanuts will definitely mess with that.

As for nutrition wise - they are not that awfully bad, but there isnt anything good to them as well

Top Bottom