Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is dr. mauro d. pasquale saying that spot reduction is, in fact possible, w/o/ drugs?

blood_drinker

One of the great things about the Metabolic Diet is that you lose weight in those most troublesome spots from the very beginning. On a higher fat/low carb diet, one of the first places a man will begin to lose weight is in his stomach. While other diets may find it nearly impossible to deflate that spare tire, it's one of the first places the higher fat/low carb diet attacks.

I read this on his website. He does not back this up. Can any one explain why this is so?

I might want to switch diets here as I would love my lower ab fat (god damn such a bitch!) to come off first, rather than my ass' fat.

thanks

I think this is a marketing ploy based on the fact that you notice fat loss more on the areas of the body that tend to store more fat; e.g., on men, the stomach area.

YOU CANNOT SPOT REDUCE - it doesn't make any sense.

I went on the metabolic diet almost a year ago and within 3-4 months, lost 15 pounds mostly from the stomach area-so it is sort of possible to spot reduce because the weight loss may be mostly in 1 area.

Ha ha ha ha , I love "Mauro DiPasquale", he is a great guy. I've met him at a seminar years ago, but to tell you the truth, his diets are outdated....and in fact, I've heard him only back up his theories very vaguely.
Spot reduction...well...teach me how (with out drugs and gels and all the junk) and I'll be a rich man.

Mr.X :cool:

An important thing to remember is that guys especially also hold a lot of sub-Q water around their abdomen. So a very low carb diet will make this area look a lot smaller both because it reduces the sub -Q water retention, and also because the volume of food eaten is smaller (less stomach distension). As for dietary changes inducing spot reduction, I am also dubious. The abdominal fat deposition in males is very much under hormonal control. I too would like to see some evidence to support DiPasquales theory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom