Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can muscle lost in dieting be rebuilt via muscle memory

Lao Tzu

The muscle you lose via dieting, is it gone forever and you have to slowly regain it from scratch or can it be rebuilt via muscle memory which (in my experience) only takes a couple of months to get you back in near pre-MM shape?

You will get it back quickly. I find that what I loose after each cycle is gained back quicker than usual at the beginning of each cycle. Thank God for muscle memory.

ive seen alot of backing that says you gain the most muscle the leaner you are. but when you try to diet when super lean you will loose mostly muscle.

hope that helps

me personally i dont loose muscle when dieting, i have gained muscle through different types of training like boxing and kickboxing and plyometrics

I've went on a few 9 and 10 day strict water fasts, lost everything, and so many times I've completely dropped my weight lifting routine. When I pick it up again I gain muscle back in a flash, every time is quicker and easier then the the previous. I like to call it pumping because its like the muscle was there the whole time. I'm just bringing it back to life..:D

From what I've experianced I believe in muscle memory.. Change your routine a little to trick the body, have the right mindset, and you'll be just fine!!!

Once you stop cutting and start increasing your calories again (bulking) your body will start building muscle faster than before. The process is usually faster when a bulker follows directly after cutting up. I always found that the best way to gain muscle after a cutter is to increase calories in small increments over a period of 4 weeks. You'll gain less water/fat and more muscle this way.

The actual number of muscle cells that your body has doesn't increase or decrease unless you are juicing. In which case the number can increase. But when you lose weight, the muscle and fat cells don't dissapear, they just shrink. So it makes sense to me that after you are done dieting, your muscle cells will want to get back to just about the same size as they were before. The same thing probably applies to fat cells as well. It makes it easier to see how muscle memory can occur once you realize that you are keeping the same muscle cells and not gaining new ones.

Top Bottom