Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

beef jerky a good snack?

Bluecrew12

I am still cutting and using ECA stacks. Is beef or deer jerky a benificial snack that I should eat to keep from eating too much?

Yes and no. It's a great protein source. Howver, it can be very fatty and it's sodium content is through the roof.

The only thing I can see wrong is the sodium content. Not that the sodium, in and of itself, is bad for you, but you'll get bloated and look fatter. Of course, that only lasts a day or two so what the fuck, right? When I'm dieting I eat beef jerky now and again.

Some jerky is pretty low in fat. However, as the others said, the sodium makes it a once in a while thing.

You could always make your own and be careful with the salt that goes into it. I've made my own twice, and it's pretty easy to do and way cheaper than anything you can buy.

salt.... yes ....

What's more beef has more fat than turkey or chicken

If you're cutting stick with white meat and fish

you can probably do much better chewing on some green vegetables or such when you are hungry and cutting b/c they ahve low calories and lots of fiber, beats the sodium and fat in the beef jerky.

110% said:
you can probably do much better chewing on some green vegetables or such when you are hungry and cutting b/c they ahve low calories and lots of fiber, beats the sodium and fat in the beef jerky.

yeah... you COULD chew vegetables... but I think the goal is finding something you can taste and enjoy with low carbs. Jerky is perefct.:D

--Hess

Top Bottom