Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

violent outburst of anger and self destruction...

Dude - you havinh a Paxil pity party today??

Hell son - look in the mirror at all the fat you have lost. You're kicking my ass, you should be jumping up and down and running nekkid thru the produce aisle at Publix...

just want people to think is all... some of the users on this baord are rather intelligent have insight into things i would have never imagined existed.

4603.jpg

At times by going against instinct that bids me to stay and exarcebate the situation -- I remove myself from the situation at hand until I can cool down, and ask myself what my base fear behind getting mad is? (anger is generally based on fear of consequences) After that, I ask myself is it rational? Or am I being moody? Am I having a pity party where I am only thinking of how things impact me and not everyone around me? Probably the only effective way to manage anger is to either not let it happen beyond a certain point as a concious decision (if you see the situation coming, do a little pre-planning and know at what point you will leave, discontinue the discussion, etc.) If it's something out of the blue, when you feel that irrational anger rise, don't say a single thing (as that leads to more), just leave.

And of course, as always, look at the good things you do have in life, try to find the positives in your situation. If you are mad at a person, focus on the good things they have done for you lately and how that made you feel, if you are mad at a situation, think about what you can do to change the situation and what that situation has meant to you so far.

Again, fear is the key. If you can identify your baseline fear behind your anger and say it aloud, it often loses its power. Fear shrivels under the light of day and reason. At least if it is a rational fear, you can identify it and begin working on a solution to dispell it.

well, i get pissed off when somebody pisses me off, so i really can't blame myself. don't piss me off and i won't get pissed off, but i can work on my tolerence level.

Top Bottom