Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So much for the "Buying a used car is better than buying new".

The average new car will only hold about 35% of it's original value after five years.

Yeah buying new is the way to go alright.

If I was a baller like MTS then I could justify a new car but it's down right retarded to buy something new and get hit with a few thousand dollar depreciation the moment you drive it off the lot.

Buying a year old is a good way to go. Many cars have a certified pre-owned program and others that don't usually have a bumper to bumper warranty from the manufacturer that will last a couple of years.

And don't let them sucker you in with the financing, the last place you want to be is upside down on a car.

Pitbull is the man to talk to about this.

I will never buy a new car again. I have a 2000 Escalade, a 2003 CLK Mercedes, and a 2001 Audi A4. I bought them all off 24 month leases with 100,000 mile warranty...saved 20k on the Escalade, and about the same on the Mercedes..

I am getting ready to trade the Caddy on another one 2004 coming off a lease...no way to beat the dealeo on these....

most people will be better off financailly in the future than they are now..yes there are unforseen events but assuming you can afford to pay "x" dollars now you shouldnt have any trouble paying the same amount 2 years from now

HS Lifter said:
Been heavily researching for a car, and it's not really worth buying used.

For example:

A 2000 Toyota Celica GT with about 60K miles goes for about 10K.(Atleast on socal).

Now, you can get a 2006 Scion TC Brand new for 17K.

That extra 7K buys:

1. 60K less miles(huge difference).

2. Warranty(used you get jack).

3. A car that is 6 years newer( More powerfull as well).

4. Security (You don't have to worry about how the used car was maintained, hard to put a price on this).

5. New Car financing rates.

Anyway, the above scenario is present with all Jap cars. It's not worth buying used with a jap car.

So now Im stuck in a dilema, I can't really afford a new car( Well, with financing I can, but I don't want to be stuck with a car payment for the next 5 years.... at this point in my life) but at the same time, buying used is not worth it.

Used car is an option for models that are either rare or are like 7-8 years+ old. For example you take a Civic 95, they go for 2-3k here. Insurance is dirt cheap because since you only insure for civil liability, so it's like 200-300$ a year.

HS Lifter said:
4. Security (You don't have to worry about how the used car was maintained, hard to put a price on this).

Look around and find one some old person is wanting to sell. 99% of the time they drove it very kindly and also they change oil etc like every 2000 miles.

I had a friend that found a mustang 4 years old with only 15K miles on it. Oilchange records every 2500 miles. Got it for a steal too.

Look around for one owned by an old person bro. It would be worth the effort.

Top Bottom