Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So much for the "Buying a used car is better than buying new".

HS Lifter said:
Been heavily researching for a car, and it's not really worth buying used.

For example:

A 2000 Toyota Celica GT with about 60K miles goes for about 10K.(Atleast on socal).

Now, you can get a 2006 Scion TC Brand new for 17K.

That extra 7K buys:

1. 60K less miles(huge difference).

2. Warranty(used you get jack).

3. A car that is 6 years newer( More powerfull as well).

4. Security (You don't have to worry about how the used car was maintained, hard to put a price on this).

5. New Car financing rates.

Anyway, the above scenario is present with all Jap cars. It's not worth buying used with a jap car.

So now Im stuck in a dilema, I can't really afford a new car( Well, with financing I can, but I don't want to be stuck with a car payment for the next 5 years.... at this point in my life) but at the same time, buying used is not worth it.

I think saying "Jap" is bad car karma.

Cars are one of the biggest necessary drains on a person's wallet in our society today. Drive a $30,000 off the lot, put it in park and it's worth thousands less resale value. Aside from computers and other consumer electronics, nothing depreciates faster than an automobile, and considering their high cost they're a crestfallen investment at best. Unless of course you're the type that restores old classics and lives south of the 35th parallel. It's a lot harder to find a good used car than new with all the perks, obviously, but if you do a little bit of research you can get a near new quality car for a lot less $$.

On a side note, I'll need a new car soon. :clock:

Top Bottom