Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LMAO Ridiculous Email I got today from someone who works for someone who works for me

ceo said:
I agree with all of Lestat's posts here.
yeah really weird, the first question I'd ask if it was legal, and if someone reponded with a flippant attitude (e.g. you must be joking) i'd be on the phone to HR with one hand and updating my resume and looking for a new job with the other.

I'd suggest the originator of the email be replaced with someone who will instill a better culture in the entire organization, and I think you'd find people wouldn't be showing up late quite so much.

lol@is that legal.

we have a call center in my company too and they get 2 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch... i hear them bitch about it every day.

production and tech support have the same thing- they can't have any of those departments just unmanned for an hour at lunchtime but they don't understand that I guess.

I'm glad I come and go as I please. nobody even notices when i've left for lunch or the day.

Re: LMAO Ridiculous Email I got today from someone who works for someone who works fo

nefertiti said:
I have NO idea what GFE is, so probably not.

That's probably a good thing, you'd want to red me for the comment.

Re: LMAO Ridiculous Email I got today from someone who works for someone who works fo

what a joke company to work for lol

my work comes nowhere near that level of geighness

PuddleMonkey said:
That's probably a good thing, you'd want to red me for the comment.

Well I tried to think of offensive or crude things it could stand for, but my mind is working a step slower today. I figured I'd get a comment or two of that nature after the way I phrased things. Money, client satisfaction, etc.

samoth said:
Not in Wisconsin, and I doubt we're the only state like that.

Of course, everyone thinks that they're entitled breaks per Constitutional Amendment xyz or similarsuch, but, eh, people like to believe they're entitled to everything, so I suppose it's nothing new.

(BTW, here, it's entirely up to the employer. Of course, pretty much every job offers standard breaks, though.)

:cow:
Do you think it's wrong for me to be entitled to a great paying job that requires little work, a super model girlfriend and preferential treatment everywhere? :worried:

stilleto said:
nobody even notices when i've left for lunch or the day.

I notice, and it makes me sad :(

LOL@Lazy Americans with their sense of entitlement. How bout this? If they don't like it they can leave. I'm with Smurfy. They know the rules, if they can't abide by them then they obviously need to be treated like children.

Self-employment is a beautiful thing, but few have the balls/discipline to do it. I come from a long line of self-employed peeps. I can not STAND working for someone else. Now I get to be "The Empress".

I like the way that sounds. LOL

Lestat said:
its pretty and instills a culture of pettyness. doesn't sound like a very fun place to work.

Plus yes, it most likely is illegal. In most states when you work a certain number of hours, you are entitled to a certain length of time on paid break, usually 10-15 minutes for each 4 hours worked or something like that.

At first I thought you posted this to make fun of the supervisor threatening to cancel a break for being late, that reminds me of a teacher who would lock the classroom door when the bell rang.
Nope. Consult the Dept of Labor website. There it will explain that there is no law about paid breaks.

Also, these people get a 30 minute lunch break. The (2) 15-min breaks are what we incorporate into their day and advocate for those breaks especially due to the nature of our operation. This isnt like a typical office where people can get up from their desks at their leisure to get coffee, take a smoke break etc. They are scheduled to the queue for certain, designated times during the day.

If they come to work late (unscheduled), however, they have caused us to lose coverage for our phone lines for that amount of time. They arent going to come to work and then an hour later be all about a paid break. uh uh. not happenin.

Funny that the ones who come to work on time consistently think it's a great stipulation and have no complaints at all.

Bottom line is: dont be late.

Top Bottom