Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds cold. :cold:

I bet that one or more of the military guys here have at least been through there.

Iceland == Greenland
and Greenland == Iceland

Or so Leif Erikson says so.

Yeah, I've been. Pretty, very unique, small (population-wise, like 100,000 folks or so I think), very friendly people, expensive, great nightlife (surprisingly) and absolutely nothing to do once you’ve seen the sights (mainly the warm geothermal springs).

Icelandair usually has great deals from the east coast to Europe (through Reykjavik) so if I’d do it, I’d just stop over for a night or two, get a feel for the place and then move on (if you’re already going somewhere else that is).

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice place, but it’s just not the most exciting place imho.

(MrMuscle is from Norway)

I've nver been but have known several people that are from those countries (Norway, Iceland, Denmark) and the general consensus is that is isn't "exciting". Beautiful, yes. The people are very warm but it is FREAKING BITTER COLD! LOL I've also been cold that when it is REALLY COLD (as it is during most of the time everyone tends to hibernate) but when the warm weather comes around (sadly only a short period of time) that everone comes back to life. Perhaps it would be best to plan a trip around this time of year.

I live in Reykjavik, have full time since '97, first visited in '90. My wife is Icelandic (read: crazy, beautiful, strong-willed, stubborn, fantastic) and all three of our boys were born here.

Any questions in particular? I would be happy to answer. Being the walking tourist guide is fun, but my typing is slow today, so I have to avoid the full book length descriptions. Here are few shots from near my house:

a8ba96117f38ce0e420319e4ee9bb446.jpg

911127268a9caf307e900faf46060e67.jpg

There is a wicked film called 101 reykjavik.

Worth a download/rental.. it's an interesting funny film (geezer smokes dope and shags his lesbian mother's lover, bjork music etc) filmed in Iceland..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom