Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

at home car detailing service?

tiger88

A different type of door to door service I am going to suggest. When I was in high school I worked for a hand wash, car detailing shop that did the outside and inside of a car. I worked for a few years made some bank for this place. The prices we charged for hand washes and details were so expensive but we always had business. I still can’t come to terms to pay 60$ dollars for a hand wash and hand wax. The overhead of detailing a car (exterior wash, wax, interior detail, leather treatment for the seats etc) is very cheap. Different waxes, polishes brushes and other car products are very cost productive and last quite a while. If there is one thing in this world I am very good it is detailing a car. I have worked at 2 different detailing places and I have worked on a few show cars, including several cars that have been presented in the Barrett Jackson auto action. I live in a huge population area with about 6 million people right by some of the richest area codes in the nation is right near me. I was thinking that at home car detailing service could make some bank for me. I would go to them and do it at there home. The overhead is cheap, I am the labor and I am skilled in this area, but getting the word out would be hard. And figuring out how much to charge and what services to offer would the tough question.

The way to market maybe placing ads and giving free of very cheap detail jobs to spread the word around. Place fliers on peoples car windows at very upscale areas etc. the key is repeat business and word of mouth. What would be other ideas? I know that rich and important people don’t have time to do this minor shit.

my first ever correct with grammer post ever on ELITE 1 of 16660 posts
(thank mircosoft word LOL

Basic Wash JOB$30.00
Exterior washed by hand
Complete interior vacuumed
Interior dust & cleaned
Rims and tires detailed
Windows cleaning

COMPLETE Exterior (WAX)$ 65.00
(all that was included in basic wash)
Hand wax

interior $95.00
(all that was included in basic wash )
Shampoo & hand-scrub carpets
Leather & vinyl seats treted
Door panel etc.

150.00 (both interior and extror
Al included in basic wash
Wax
And interior
So basically everything

I am that good :)

Last edited:
One way Ive seen someone do well detailing is going to office blocks with underground parking. You go round on set days per month and detail while they are working. You only need to get a few and the word gets around quick. You get in alot more cars per day without the driving from door to door.

One more thing, I have no idea how he did it without getting water and crap all over the place, but Im sure you could figure it out :)

i used to do taht too tiger lol, made bank on full details.

Would you use their water or do you have a method of washing cars without water, cause I think that would be money.

As for marketing you can probobly start by making flyers obviously. Also if you have a nice car you can make one of those stickers with the phone number and company name. The problem is that they probobly already have a professional mobile detailing service in your area. Check on yahoo directories, type in mobile detailing.

Last edited:
Agathe said:
Would you use their water or do you have a method of washing cars without water, cause I think that would be money.

Well If you know to do it, and most cars out here arent that dirty, you could use water and sponge. As for the water, carry to 1-2 five gallon jugs with you. (those drinking water ones and empty water needed into a bucket and use a sponge from there) as for shop vac to vaccumm, mobile power source

Agathe "As for marketing you can probobly start by making flyers obviously. Also if you have a nice car you can make one of those stickers with the phone number and company name. The problem is that they probobly already have a professional mobile detailing service in your area. Check on yahoo directories, type in mobile detailing. "

Thats ture.. a good looking super clean car will help give the impression you know what you are doing.

Did you do any research on it? it's a fast growing business but first of all you got to know what you're doing which you sound like you do. You need a good marketing strategy and equipent.

Just search online(yahoo/google) on mobile detaling and you will get million responses.

Agathe said:
Did you do any research on it? it's a fast growing business but first of all you got to know what you're doing which you sound like you do. You need a good marketing strategy and equipent.

Just search online(yahoo/google) on mobile detaling and you will get million responses.

thats the thing. I ve detailed a million cars proffesionally and I would know what to do, but marketing and word of mouth would be tough. I didnt really find much searching yellow or yahoo! I know a few detail places do car pick and delievry thats about it. As for my idea A company out in Boston does this exact same thing.

Top Bottom