Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you think having children add years to your life or takes years away?

I think it depends on when you get your kids. I had my kinds a little younger, so I find that it ages me. Now, I'm that cranky old man and I'm only in my 30s. However, I can see my friends who are older and who just get their kids now. They're different and see life from a whole different perspective.

i tend to agree with you. . .when it's easy, i think you tend to take it for granted. . .it's human nature. . .i don't take ANYTHING for granted. . .we started trying to get pregnant when i was around 30. . .we had trouble getting things going. . .our twin girls (in vitro) were born when i was 36. . .my son (au natural. . .congratulations!! now you're fertile!!!) was born 3 days before my 41st birthday. . .without a doubt, the single coolest thing that has EVER happened to me in my entire life. . .i still vividly remember my wife calling me at work and saying "are you sitting down?". . .of course dear, i work at a friggin' computer, what's up??. . ."i think i'm pregnant.". . .get the fuck out!. . .how do you know?. . ."well. . .i took three of those tests and they all say positive.". . .to get that call, like everyone else does was just. . .awesome. . .to get a son on top of it was. . .well. . .there was a hole in my life that i was completely unaware of until he came along and filled it. . .i am TRULY blessed. . .i have more than i ever expected, and more than i deserve. . .life is sweet. . .and continues to get sweeter. :)

I'm childless at age 52, and not only look younger than my peers with kids (most of whom are adult kids by now, or close to...), but look younger than breeders I know who are years younger than me. My life has so much less stress than theirs it's no comparison.

I'm childless at age 52, and not only look younger than my peers with kids (most of whom are adult kids by now, or close to...), but look younger than breeders I know who are years younger than me. My life has so much less stress than theirs it's no comparison.

I think there is a shit load of truth to this.

Definitely taking away from the retirement fund. LOL. College tuition is going to be 100K by the time my last child hits that age.....Gooooooooooo Football scholarship!!!!

lol 100K by the time your last one hits college? Honey, my oldest just got her masters at the sweet price of $150,000. I've got two behind her :(

lol 100K by the time your last one hits college? Honey, my oldest just got her masters at the sweet price of $150,000. I've got two behind her :(

uhhhhhhh, damn. She MUST have attended a private school, yes? I have listened to all my finantial people, my sons 11, they were saying the 100K mark also for a state school, apt, food, all that was extra, but the tuition and books, 100K.

I have a 17 year old daughter and a 13 year old son.The whole child raising was not to bad so far,but I find myself a little sad because my girl graduates high school in 6 months and I really dont want my little girl going off to college.Most people are ready to ship em off(not me)
Silent

uhhhhhhh, damn. She MUST have attended a private school, yes? I have listened to all my finantial people, my sons 11, they were saying the 100K mark also for a state school, apt, food, all that was extra, but the tuition and books, 100K.

The first four were done at UCSC, the last year and a half at a private university out of state. It's all a crap shoot. My son is attending a technical school at $28,000 for 51 weeks. Just be sure to look for whatever financial aid you can get. Believe it or not there are some things kids can do academically now at 11 to earn scholarship money.

Kuddos to you for planning his bright future now :)

I find myself having mixed feelings about this on a day to day basis.

i think i can say with real confidence that i have taken at least three years a piece away from my parents with all the hell i put them through.

Obviously children and their adolescent behaviors vary, but on a whole; are they bad or good for your health?

You have a very cute daughter.....you will have many sleepless nights knowing that guys just like you are using the same game you used back in the day. That kind of stress has to shorten your life. :)

You have a very cute daughter.....you will have many sleepless nights knowing that guys just like you are using the same game you used back in the day. That kind of stress has to shorten your life. :)

lol I'm just remembering what I told my daughters about boys. It held them off a longggg time :D Proactive I am

lol I'm just remembering what I told my daughters about boys. It held them off a longggg time :D Proactive I am

I'll take sons over daughters any day of the week....I would tell them to not date a wiminz until you're out of high school and never marry or knock them up. :)

Top Bottom