Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else gone Paleo?

Captain FT

2150 Served and Counting
Platinum
I switched to a paleo diet after the New Year. So far I like it and haven't really had any carb cravings and surprisingly feel really good during my workouts - I thought i would be pretty lethargic.

Been eating a lot of eggs and uncured bacon for breakfast, tuna and avocado for lunch, dinner usually steak, bison, or chicken with some veggies and snacking on almonds and pistachios throughout the day. No dairy, no grains, no pasta, no potatos.

Assuming most of you know what the paleo diet is, if you don't you can read more here:
Frequently Asked Questions About The Paleo Diet | Dr. Loren Cordain

Why switch?

Last year I read the Paleo Diet for Athletes and found it interesting. I read more about the diet and the studies that have been done and it makes sense to me. I don't think I'll go back knowing now what I know about grain and grain products.

If you've gone Paleo, why did you switch?

I'm easing into it myself, eating less and less carbs and dairy as I progress. So far my energy levels are fine, but I do find that I have to eat so much more (I'm bulking) due to the lack of calories from cutting carbs and dairy. Chicken, cod, steak are my staple proteins, with avocado, coconut oil, nuts and seeds as my fat sources. Eating lots of green veg, asparagus and broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and peppers.

Depending on where you look, many Paleo blogs still push sweet potatoes and even dairy products. The hardest thing to let go of is my yogurt in the morning, and my cottage cheese before bed. Oh and peanut butter.

Check out the foodee project online. Has some exceptional recipes and an easy to use site that lets you plan your meals and grocery lists for the week. This is one of the sites that still has quite a few sweet potato included recipes.

the no dairy thing always hung me up...keto and organic doesnt bother me at all but I get downright bitchy when you take cheese away from me

I'm easing into it myself, eating less and less carbs and dairy as I progress. So far my energy levels are fine, but I do find that I have to eat so much more, due to the lack of calories from cutting carbs and dairy. Chicken, cod, steak are my staple proteins, with avocado, coconut oil, nuts and seeds as my fat sources. Eating lots of green veg, asparagus and broccoli, mushrooms, onions, and peppers.

Depending on where you look, many Paleo blogs still push sweet potatoes and some dairy products. The hardest thing to let go of is my yogurt in the morning, and my cottage cheese before bed.

Check out the foodee project online. Has some exceptional recipes and an easy to use site that lets you plan your meals and grocery lists for the week. This is one of the sites that still has quite a few sweet potato included recipes.

I've been eating a lot of kale and Swiss chard too in place of spinach - both are more nutrient dense on the ANDI scale

Online Library | Articles | ANDI Food Scores | DrFuhrman.com

Captain I've never had Chard or Kale. How's it taste and is it easy to prepare? What about taste a few days after prepared?

the no dairy thing always hung me up...keto and organic doesnt bother me at all but I get downright bitchy when you take cheese away from me

So you blame it on the cheese ehhh?

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

They taste great are easy to prepare.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

Captain I've never had Chard or Kale. How's it taste and is it easy to prepare? What about taste a few days after prepared?

saute it in olive or coconut oil with sliced garlic and a little salt and pepper. tastes kind of like sautéed spinach and like sauteed spinach it cooks down a lot. both kale and swiss chard are dirt cheap too.

Top Bottom