Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Loss Supplements for Women?

ChemicalSoires

I'm attempting to lose weight & I'm not quite sure what supplements would be of assistance. t3 I'm sure, but what other supplements should I add to the list? I'm trying to lose about 25 lbs in a maximum of 6 months.

Losing 25 lbs in 6 months is completely possible without supplements of any kind. That is approximately 1 lb per week, 110% do-able with good diet and smart training.

Not sure why you say "t3 I'm sure" ....... T3 is totally unnecessary in most general weight loss situations.

What is your diet and training like now?

Please read the stickies at the top of the board - particularly - Are you new to EF Women's Board - there are some basic questions that you'll get asked anyway -e.g. your current weight, bodyfat, how long lifting, current diet IN DETAIL PLEASE, and such.

Please DO NOT expect to find the ultimate "weight loss supplement" -- your DIET AND TRAINING are what you need to optimize.

Can you please post up IN DETAIL (e.g. meal 1, time, portions, what you ate - e.g 4 oz chicken, 1 c broccoli, etc.). Then it is a really great exercise to put a typical day's meal plan into a food counts program (e.g. www.fitday.com - its free, online, very easy to use) and it will tell you how much you are REALLY eating - total cals, macro breakdown etc.

It really doesn't tell me much that you are on a hi carb / med protein / low fat diet - are you eating GOOD UNPROCESSED carb sources? ENough good quality fats? Good quality protein? and how much of it.

Also diet is great but if you expect to make progress on a schedule you really need to increase the energy demands on your body & build some muscle mass to help burn fat. 15 min of weights - eh - doesn't tell me much and I have no idea of the intensity - it takes 15 minutes just to get warmed up & start some fat burning. And are you doing any cardio with that?

I don't mean to overwhelm you with questions - but the point I"m making is that it is a combination of 1000% tight & optimized diet and consistent, persistent and intense training & cardio (doesnt' mean you are lifting too heavy for what you can lift & killing yourself on the treadmill -means you need to do tight form, do it intensely and like you mean it, and long enough that your body actually acknowledges it as a demand on its energy sources. And most importantly - "supplements" - a good multivitamin & mineral supplement is great. Other than that, if you want to try a thermogenic of some sort - great - there are lots of over the counter thermos that will give you a little kick in the gym - but dont' expect amazing fat burning from ONLY the supplement. If your diet & trainign arent' consistent by themeselves you won't see anythign dramatic from any supplement.

And please. ... T3 - that's a thyroid medication that is a controlled substance. It will indescriminantly consume both fat and muscle. And it is important that it consumes muscle -many women will say "i dont' care about muscle I just want to lose the fat" - Your body is made up of LEAN MUSCLE MASS, BODYFAT, BONE, and WATER. It very much DOES matter that you have muscle. Women don't produce enough natural testosterone to worry about looking like Arnold Schwartzenegger just because you started lifting weights.

Anyway - there's a little more to it than just "im' on a diet, I train some and i need a suppplement." If you can add a little more detail we can help w/ some more specific suggestions :)

Welcome to EF!

I just timed my circuit, it takes 25 minutes, high intensity, with no rest between sets. It's an aerobic circuit with weights.

Todays complete meal count added up to 1586 cals, 44 grams of fat, 224 carbs, and 68 grams of protein.

Too many carbs, WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too low protein ...... and without more details on your stats, impossible to say if the calories are even in the ballpark.

What are the food choices? What about meal timing?

Even the "circuit" - how many sets? Reps? Weight? Exercise choices?

Need weight, BF%, height, etc .... Details, details.

ChemicalSoires said:
I just timed my circuit, it takes 25 minutes, high intensity, with no rest between sets. It's an aerobic circuit with weights.

Todays complete meal count added up to 1586 cals, 44 grams of fat, 224 carbs, and 68 grams of protein.

With what details we do know - generally you want your total cals = 10-15 x your body weight (these are guidelines not exactly because we really don't know much about you to suggest anythign more detailed). Again generally if you are going below 1200 cals (which you aren't but many people think they have to starve themselves to lose weight / bodyfat) .

Also a good baseline diet consists of a macro split of 40% protein / 30% carbs / 30% fats. Your carbs are waaaay up there and 25 min of activity is NOT enough to burn it up. A high carb diet would be appropriate for someone who does,. say endurance training like marathon running, soccer, rugby. MMA - stuff like that - not just lifting & cardio. Protein you need as building blocks for muscle - generally good guidance is 25-35 g of protein per meal, 5-6 meals for women, which comes out to around 1 -1.5 x your bodyweight = total grams of protein for the day.

Also just out of curiosity - where did you get this diet ffrom? Was it prescribed for medical reasons or do you have any medical conditions to take into consideration?

I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so I've just been trying to do a 2000 cal diet. I'm 4' 11", 145lbs, 24.6%BF. My husband's the health savvy one, all he has to worry about is how much protien he eats... lucky guy.

Daisy_Girl said:
Too many carbs, WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too low protein ...... and without more details on your stats, impossible to say if the calories are even in the ballpark.

What are the food choices? What about meal timing?

Even the "circuit" - how many sets? Reps? Weight? Exercise choices?

Need weight, BF%, height, etc .... Details, details.

My food choices depend on what we have in the house, and what's the healthiest at the time to eat. I'm bad about eating sweets and junk food, but I've been getting better at it. I do 3 sets of each, 20 crunches, 10 pushups, 15 curls with 10 lbs, and this is going to sound really lame, but there are about 4 other exercizes I do that my husband tells me to, and I don't know the names of them.

My husband is health savvy as well, but he is not a woman. I look to him for motivation but that is all. He has his own program and I have mine.

The best thing I have ever done for myself is to start the Shadow program that is listed as a sticky on here. You will have trouble with the drop in carbs at first, but I have seen changes in my body that I haven't seen in years. Just a suggestion. When I first came here I was really confused and this plan has made it very simple for me.

Good luck to you!

Top Bottom