Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

flaxseed

jarabbit

I put flax in my hot oatmeal or chili. My question is , does this heat effect the seeds and their nutritional values?

I've heard some info on this but can't recall enough to give you a straight answer.

My guess would be no...Although extreme heat like cooking the oils and any natural non-saturated fat in the stove or oven can make them bad for you as they become toxic and lose there health benifits. But I don't know if the heat from your oatmeal and stuff would be enough to cause this or not...:confused:

nahhh

You put the seeds right before you eat it or while you're cooking? If you do it before you eat it then I really doubt that your oatmeal is hot enough to cook it in such a short peroid of time. I think you're good. I think I'm gonna try that now. :D

Try grinding up the flax seeds into a powder before using them. A good blender or coffee grinder works great. If you eat the seeds whole, they have a very hard shell that your body would have a very difficult time breaking down to get any nutritional value out of. If you grind up more than you can use at one time make sure that you refrigerate the leftover powder.

Ground flax seed is also great in protein drinks, on cottage cheese, mixed in with tuna and sprinkled on scrambled eggs.

-Jon

Is Health from the sun flax products (the gold pouch) easily digested or do I have to do this grinding method?

jarabbit,

I'm not familiar with that kind. I just buy mine for $1.00/lb at the bulk food store.

-Jon

I like the Flax Seed Oil. I think it's a lot easier than eating the seeds, and I believe the concentration is a lot higher. You can get it for less than $10 a bottle, and it lasts for a while. All you need is a tablespoon a day.

try the oil, i put it in my oatmeal (5tblspns a day) an sometimes i just drink it but it tastes like shit.
check the diet board theres sme pretty good posts about flax on there.

Surgical is right there is not enough flax oil concentrate in the seeds to be noticable unless you ingest at least a quarter pound or more the oil is much better plus you know how much you're ingesting//Peace.....RADAR:D

Top Bottom