Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fish Oil vs. Flaxseed

Fish Oil vs. Flaxseed

• Fish Oil

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Flaxseed

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Neither! I get all my omega's from natural fish!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When it comes to omega-3, the advantage of fish oil over flax seed oil is that fish oil is a direct source of EPA and DHA while the ALA in flax seed oil must be converted by the body to EPA and DHA. This conversion is somewhat slow and can be inhibited by lifestyle and other influences.

Research shows that only about 5% of ALA converts to EPA and only up to 3% converts to DHA, if at all.many factors can limit the ALA to EPA and DHA conversion including trans-fatty acids found in many fast foods and baked goods, alcohol intake, certain health conditions, and vitamin and mineral deficiencies, so fish oil is a more dependable source

I take both, but if I had to choose only one it would be fish oil. The anti-inflammatory benefits alone make it outstanding, then you add in all the other health benefits.

In the winter I consume a tbs a day of cod liver oil for the vitamin D, then the rest of the year I take 8 to 10 grams a day of fish oil caps. For flaxseed oil, I usually mix a tbs into my evening cottage cheese.

Am I alone - flaxseed oil tastes excellent on food.

I don't use EVOO as a dressing. I eat salmon daily but flaxseed oil on food.

Currently I use flax seed. I cant stand the aftertaste i get from fish oil. I am fixing to start adding in a hemp seed protein powder. Its got a bunch of fiber omega 3's and omega 6's decent protein. I dont know that its better but i think getting different vitamins, minerals, & macronutrients from multiple sources for a more complete nutritional profile.

Heres the nutrition facts of that protein powder.

30 G per serving 1 scoop. 1 lbs - 454 G total
Calories: 120
Total Fat/Lipides 3.6G 7%
Saturated 1%
Trans 0.0g
Polyunsaturated 2.8g
Omega-6 2.1g
Omega-3 0.7
Monosaturated 0.5g
Cholesterol 0.0g
Sodium 0.0mg
Potassium 361mg
Carbohydrate 6.5 2%
Fiber 6g 24%
Sugar 0.5g
Protein 15.5g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 5%
Iron 10%

Flaxseed oil tastes great IMO. I use ground flax in my protein shakes daily. I don't currently supp any Fish Oil but I should I think. I'm just weary of adding yet another pill to my daily regimen. LOL

Flax for me.
I have a problem with fish oil. An hour after i take it it comes back up on me.
I hate that fish taste.

Top Bottom