Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine...

AlwaysGrowing

I am taking 10mg of creatine per day. Should I spread the doses out throughout the day or take the 10mgs all at once? I am currently taking it all at once with my post workout shake.

AlwaysGrowing said:
I am taking 10mg of creatine per day. Should I spread the doses out throughout the day or take the 10mgs all at once? I am currently taking it all at once with my post workout shake.

10 mg, I think you mean 10g.

5g of creatine corresponds to about 1.1 kgs of uncooked red meat. Splitting it up may not or may not change anything, but there is nothing wrong with it. Bottom line, split it up.

5g pre and post workout and the other 5 g spread throughout the day.

First, when beginning to take creatine, you should start a loading phase from 7-10 days, you should tale 5g four times throughout the day. This is to load your cells w/creatine phosphate. After that you should take two 5g doses daily. This will usually maintain your creatine level. It is a good idea to mix your creatine with a fruit (grape) juice to maximize its absorbtion. Please note that if you feel extra energy after consumption, it is probably in your head. The kind of "Boost" you will feel from it will be when you are performing your lifts. It helps your muscles contract thus making the movement smoother. All this is my experience w/creatine and is not based on any kind of study. Hope this helps...........Arias

Actually, I think the loading phase theory is bunk and I'm not the only one. They've done many studies with and without loading and they did not see any changes.

It's also dangerous IMO. You are more likely to tear a muscle.

Top Bottom