Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any egg protein powders with free range eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Some older athletic diets use to propose eating just raw eggs. This is a foolish attempt at taking in additional protein. Eating raw eggs (or raw egg whites) will only result in about 50% absorption of the available protein. That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams.

Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. As a matter of fact, once the avidin-biotin forms a bond, the body can't break it apart. So you will develop a partial or full Biotin Deficiency Syndrome. Cooking your eggs (or egg whites) will quickly denature the protein avidin and will allow you to absorb 98% of the protein. In short, always cook your eggs."

"Some older athletic diets use to propose eating just raw eggs. This is a foolish attempt at taking in additional protein. Eating raw eggs (or raw egg whites) will only result in about 50% absorption of the available protein. That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams.

Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. As a matter of fact, once the avidin-biotin forms a bond, the body can't break it apart. So you will develop a partial or full Biotin Deficiency Syndrome. Cooking your eggs (or egg whites) will quickly denature the protein avidin and will allow you to absorb 98% of the protein. In short, always cook your eggs."

There's something I didn't know. Good info bro, K to you!

Don't know if you have any in South Florida, but Trader Joe's does offer cage-free liquid whites. Unfortunately, they are in small containers and not very cost-effective that way . . .I still buy them, though!
No Trader Joes here unfortunately

Good to know. I got Jay Robb whey. It's important to me no to use artificial sweetners. His stuff is sweetened w/ stevia

Hey I found one!

1) Rose Acre Farms Dried Egg White Protein Powder (**Preferred Choice)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I found one!

1) Rose Acre Farms Dried Egg White Protein Powder (**Preferred Choice)
Rose Acre Farms is a company who provides just simply dried egg whites. No flavors or sweeteners, no additives, no hormones, no msg, no casein, gluten free, soy free, lactose free, and free range. They have a sample 2 pound order with free shipping you can try for $27.95. This website won't let me post the link but just google it

You bumped a 3 year old thread just to make that as your first post? No need. BIG BLAST contains organic whole egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom