Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aminos vs Protein

zipzster00

How do these compare? After a workout, can I just pop some aminos instead of taking down a protein shake? If I usually take 20 grams of whey after a workout, how many grams of aminos are equivalent to that? Is one better then the other?

protein is better

What?!

Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins....LOL, how is protein better?! It's the same thing...Taking protein shakes is usually better than just taking aminos, since shakes have carbs, fibers, sugars, vitamins, minerals, etc...not just proteins...

I read on another forum that 25grams of BCAA is equal to 50 grams of protein. I still opt for protein but if your at a elevated level of bodybuilding I sure the us of BCAA's are effective, it just seems more like an advanced supplement.

zipzster00 said:
How do these compare? After a workout, can I just pop some aminos instead of taking down a protein shake? If I usually take 20 grams of whey after a workout, how many grams of aminos are equivalent to that? Is one better then the other?

If you're looking for aminos you gotta look at the essential aminos...there are several studies which show the benefit of taking essential amino acids:
Here’s a recent study that showed that you only need 6g of essential amino acids to increase anabolism & muscle protein synthesis. The researchers concluded “that ingestion of 6g of EAA [essential amino acids] alone without addition of carbohydrate effectively stimulated muscle protein synthesis after resistance exercise”:

In this 2000 study, researchers found that when they compared essential amino acids to 40g whey protein, that essential amino acids more efficiently entered systemic circulation and were incorporated into protein, as opposed to being catabolized: “in contrast, urea production increased significantly when 40 g of whey protein were ingested according to a protocol

The_Alcatraz said:
What?!

Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins....LOL, how is protein better?! It's the same thing...Taking protein shakes is usually better than just taking aminos, since shakes have carbs, fibers, sugars, vitamins, minerals, etc...not just proteins...

first off if u read his question it asks which is better amino or protein shakes and yes amino can be actually better than protein i agree it can be used for specific purposes but overall the protein shake has so much more stuff than just normal protein in it that makes this question easy to answer

first off if u read his question it asks which is better amino or protein shakes and yes amino can be actually better than protein i agree it can be used for specific purposes but overall the protein shake has so much more stuff than just normal protein in it that makes this question easy to answer

Whatever floats your boat bro...but if you'd like to go into more details, amino acids have two major functions: they are either used to synthesize proteins or oxidized to be used as a form of energy. Most amino acids that are taken in tabs are the standard amino acids which are mostly used to form protein molecules, and hence why I said protein is the same as amino acids.
Regarding the protein shakes, yes, they do include more than just aminos and proteins, ex: vitamins, minerals, sometimes performance enhancers, such as creatine, glutamine, ginseng, etc...Therefore, overall, they are better...however, the the significance of aminos cannot be denied, therefore I take both, protein shakes and aminos.

I read on another forum that 25grams of BCAA is equal to 50 grams of protein.

"The phrase branched-chain amino acids or BCAA is sometimes used to refer to the amino acids having aliphatic side-chains that are non-linear. These are leucine, isoleucine and valine. The combination of these three essential amino acids make up approximately 1/3 of skeletal muscle in the human body, and play an important role in protein synthesis. BCAA’s are currently used clinically to aid in the recovery of burn victims, as well as for supplementation for strength athletes." - Wikipedia -

Studies show that adding bcaas to your post workout induces a greater level of hypertrophy and places the body in an anabolic state.

Perhaps this is enough details for you.

Cheers,

Alcatraz

Top Bottom