Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids and Depression

Seth

I have been having some symptoms of depression lately and my wife did a search and came up with quite a few links putting the blame on steroids for causing depression. I haven’t read them all yet, but some say that they can affect you long after the cycle is over and may even cause permanent psychological problems.

I did quite a bit of research on the effects of these drugs before I started and I never heard of this before. I understand the effects of drugs like clomid, but can test and other drugs affect your mind like that?

I am starting week 2 of clomid, and I have felt weird on it before, but not this time. I just ended an 8 week cycle of test and 6 weeks of fina. I also took l-dex the whole time and have been taking T3 for 4 weeks. I also take ECA daily. I was very happy with the results of this cycle.

This was my 5th cycle – my 3rd one taking only test and fina. I have taken deca and Dbol in the past as well. I have been doing two cycles a year and I never have felt any depression in the off time before. I usually feel great while on, but this last cycle I have been depressed.

Nothing else has really changed in my life. I still have the same job and I am still broke. There has been depression in my immediate family, but I never thought that it would happen to me.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any information linking or disproving steroids role in depression.

http://www.afpafitness.com/articles/STEROIDS.HTM

clomid makes me very depressed. try some alternative post cycle methods... or just stick it out another couple of weeks and see if it passes once you're finished with the clomid.

jkerry

geoffgarst said:
High test levels can cause depression as well as low test levels.

PS: Karma is always welcome here.

hmm...i was unaware that high test levels gave you deppresion

interesting

P.S: Karma hog LOL j/k

i do not get depressed from AAS in general....but if something depressing does happen the effects are about ten times worse
i.e. breaking up with a girl or some shit

good post.

i just came off and was wondering what to expect. dont get me wrong, im not depressed in any way, but im definitely not up as i was before. im taking clomid and hcg for recovery. it almost feels that i *could* cave in had something major happen. but the bookworm side(4 semesters pysch) of me says that its purely pyschological. hang close with family and friends that you associate warm happy feelings with.

keep your nose clean and your head up bro!

I am clinically depressed, and am medicated.

I used Clomid throught the WHOLE cycle, and at the end with no ill side effects other then blurry vision...

weird eh?

StRoNg_WoN said:
I am clinically depressed, and am medicated.

I used Clomid throught the WHOLE cycle, and at the end with no ill side effects other then blurry vision...

weird eh?

clomid throughout the cycle? no bueno.

Yes... it helps ward off gyno, and keeps the nutz online...

I don't think clomid really has an effect on depression. Many people take clomid post-cycle, and hence, get post-cycle depression... not from the clomid, but from lower-testosterone levels.

Just as above average testosterone levels can give you a sense of well-being... lower testosterone levels can give you the opposite effect.

Many times people will be on clomid therapy during their periods of their lowest test levels... hence, giving them a depressive state. This isn't across the boards, as everyone's levels recouperate at a different pace... especially depending on the dose of your cycle.

Therefore, I don't think it is the "clomid" that causes the bad depression, but rather the lower test levels... as if I take clomid while ON test, I don't get any depression...

C-ditty

Top Bottom