Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sleep disorder? Can anyone recommend some medication?

cyrex

As many of you know your Family doctor may not be all that hip on every since drug out there so sometimes you have to suggest a drug to them :) So I'm looking for suggestions.

I've had issues with sleep ever since I can remember

I have difficulties falling asleep before 1 a.m. but even when I am super tired and go to bed at 7 pm or even a decent time like 10 pm I have great difficulty waking up. I can sleep through alarms, phone calls, anything. Even when I have a very loud alarm in another room that I have to get up to turn off, I will either sleep through it if it stops within 20 minutes or I'll go turn it off, go back to bed and not remember doing so.

Last Friday I went to bed at 7 pm and woke up around noon the next day.

When I have to go to work in the morning I can't help but sleep until the absolute last possible second that I need to be up to wash my hair and get to work no more than 5 minutes late.

I have tried a few... all just temporary solutions I've found out though, at least for me.

Lunesta 3mg

Gabapentin (Nuerontin) (sp?) 1 gram ... you can't OD on this stuff and my doc told me to take 1, then the next night 2, and the next until it worked for me cuz everyone's different... i think it was actually 4 pills (300mg each) so maybe 1.2g

Benedryl (25-50mg) :) ... lol, that's what i use when need be now.

lunesta made me feel VERY agitated and pissed off when i woke up for some weird reason, lol... so i didn't like that.

the Gaba was nice, i'd give that a shot first... it's an anti epileptic or something but has been found to prove usefull with sleep disorders.

Hope you start gettin' some quality sleep bro...it's the worst when you can't.

cyrex said:
As many of you know your Family doctor may not be all that hip on every since drug out there so sometimes you have to suggest a drug to them :) So I'm looking for suggestions.

I've had issues with sleep ever since I can remember

I have difficulties falling asleep before 1 a.m. but even when I am super tired and go to bed at 7 pm or even a decent time like 10 pm I have great difficulty waking up. I can sleep through alarms, phone calls, anything. Even when I have a very loud alarm in another room that I have to get up to turn off, I will either sleep through it if it stops within 20 minutes or I'll go turn it off, go back to bed and not remember doing so.

Last Friday I went to bed at 7 pm and woke up around noon the next day.

When I have to go to work in the morning I can't help but sleep until the absolute last possible second that I need to be up to wash my hair and get to work no more than 5 minutes late.

be careful bro.....i was having sleep issues once and i went to the doc after trying melatonin, tylenol pm, and other otc meds and the doc prescribed me ambien...shit worked like a charm but real quick i built a tolerance and before i knew it iwas goin through a bottle of 30 10mg pills in 2 days and was getting lunesta and xanax and other shit from other sources just so i could sleep becuase i was out of ambien. the shit does work well but for long term use or everyday its not good....go to a doc first and see what he has to say.

Like you, I have a lot of trouble falling asleep, and more trouble getting up. Once asleep, I usually stay that way, but getting their is a problem.

The best thing to put me to sleep is a nice bottle of bourbon.

Since I don't really like the other effects, I limit the use of that solution to a couple of nights a year. I have tried a number of other sleep remedies, though.

I will list these in the order of strength/effectiveness for me.
melatonin - sometimes seems to help a little
benadryl - Taking 200-150mg will help me sleep, most of the time. OD is not much of an issue, as the LD50 is around 100mg/kg bodyweight. You may have some delerium effects at high doses though.
Ambien - works OK for me (~50% of the time)
Ambien CR - same as above
Lunesta - Seems to work fairly well around 70% of the time
Sonata & Rozerem - Works pretty good - ~75% of the time.

I have active Rx's for ambien lunesta rozerem and sonata. I try not to take sleeping pills, and will often run into the problem of not deciding to take one until it is too late (ie have to get up in a few hours). I will usually rotate the medicine I take. I know that Sonata and Lunesta are supposed to be completely nonaddictive, but I still don't want to take them.

I spent years dealing with sleep disorder before deciding I needed professional help. Their have been times i have gone 3-4 days without being able to sleep. Now, I am a poster child for insomnia medication.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I will do my best to answer.

bearfx said:
Like you, I have a lot of trouble falling asleep, and more trouble getting up. Once asleep, I usually stay that way, but getting their is a problem.

The best thing to put me to sleep is a nice bottle of bourbon.

Since I don't really like the other effects, I limit the use of that solution to a couple of nights a year. I have tried a number of other sleep remedies, though.

I will list these in the order of strength/effectiveness for me.
melatonin - sometimes seems to help a little
benadryl - Taking 200-150mg will help me sleep, most of the time. OD is not much of an issue, as the LD50 is around 100mg/kg bodyweight. You may have some delerium effects at high doses though.
Ambien - works OK for me (~50% of the time)
Ambien CR - same as above
Lunesta - Seems to work fairly well around 70% of the time
Sonata & Rozerem - Works pretty good - ~75% of the time.

I have active Rx's for ambien lunesta rozerem and sonata. I try not to take sleeping pills, and will often run into the problem of not deciding to take one until it is too late (ie have to get up in a few hours). I will usually rotate the medicine I take. I know that Sonata and Lunesta are supposed to be completely nonaddictive, but I still don't want to take them.

I spent years dealing with sleep disorder before deciding I needed professional help. Their have been times i have gone 3-4 days without being able to sleep. Now, I am a poster child for insomnia medication.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I will do my best to answer.

not trying to jack this thread...just wondering, how well does rozarem work? ive tried them all, sonata, ambien, ambien cr, lunesta, klon, xanax, valium but never rozarem.

Rozerem works fairly well. It binds to and stimulates certain melatonin receptors, improving sleep (time to fall asleep & quality of sleep).

That said, different medications work for different people. I have found Rozerem to be pretty effective for myself. THe percentages I gave above were my rating of how effective the medicine is on promoting proper sleep. This is highly subjective though.

You can build up a tolerance to several of these, especially ambien (my experience), so I tend to switch between them. Sonata and Rozerem work best for me, followed by lunesta and then ambien. I have also been known to just take a bunch of benadryl... If you take enough you see the pretty colors ;-)

Top Bottom