Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

has anyone abused xanax before and quit?

What is the street price for xanax? Is it something ridiculuous like the $40 per tablet for oxycotin?
I have no idea. Regrettably, some of my distant relatives are the drug dealers in the small town where my sister lives. They also fight roosters. I hate those relatives. Anyway, some time back I called them and told them that if they EVER sold drugs to my brother or sister again I would see to it that they go to prison for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time.

my doctor gave me xanax and i just stopped taking it, because i didn't like it, and you're not supposed to do that and that shit was scary. coming off it is very hard. stuff is garbage.

Can you give a description of the "scarey" stuff and what you went through?

I have no idea. Regrettably, some of my distant relatives are the drug dealers in the small town where my sister lives. They also fight roosters. I hate those relatives. Anyway, some time back I called them and told them that if they EVER sold drugs to my brother or sister again I would see to it that they go to prison for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time.

Oh hell... that sounds like some Tobacco Roads chapter right there.

people who use prescription drugs for a party drug trip me out, go get some weed or something jeeze

I had a pharmacist tell me that you can't OD from xanax for some reason. I asked b/c I was concerned that Xanax is my sister's party drug of choice and I was worried. He did warn that withdrawals/detox from it pretty much require doctor's supervision though. He said that it was totally MISERABLE to shake that habit.

Ummmmm, really? Cuz benzo's activate GABA A receptors...and if you activate enough of them for a long enough time........nite nite.

Plus, they undergo hepatic metabolism....so even if it's hard to OD in the traditional sense that we think of (killing the respiratory drive/aspiration of stomach contents into the lungs), you could easily fry the shit outta your liver, and then die over the next week or so without treatment.

I dont really know from first hand experience though, the only benzo I've ever had was a few mgs of Versed before surgery...and I dont even remember that very much.

I hear that is one of the worst things to crash down off of.

coming off a dependence to benzos typically requires medically supervised detoxification. its one of the few drugs (besides alcohol) that has the potential to have life threatening withdrawal symptoms.

coming off a dependence to benzos typically requires medically supervised detoxification. its one of the few drugs (besides alcohol) that has the potential to have life threatening withdrawal symptoms.

Ahhhh, so if it's like ETOH detox, I wonder if you get Delirium Tremens, which if is untreated progresses to Korsakoff's Syndrome...

Top Bottom