Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got Raided

Get a lawyer and don't say a word

There is no real proof that the gear was even yours. All they have is techniacally a misdemeanor amount of steroids. You were not saling so it is not a felony. If worse would come to worse just tell them you have a problem and need help. I doubt that it will even come to that. You may not even hear anything about it. Lots of loop holes there.... they did not do a very organized investigation, and illegally searched your trash on hearsay which is illegal..... go get a lawyer, and whatever you do, don't talk to anyone but him or her (your lawyer).... you'll be ok. Your not a dangerous fugitive.

Re: Get a lawyer and don't say a word

xrciseink said:
they did not do a very organized investigation, and illegally searched your trash on hearsay which is illegal.....

Hearsay has nothing at all to do with police activity. Hearsay is defined as an "out of court statement, offered for the truth of the matter asserted." It has nothing to do with police conduct or what's required to obtain a valid warrant (not to mention there are like 23 exceptions that cover almost everything). It pertains only to the rules of evidence in court. There cant even BE hearsay until there is a trial anyway. Just ask for your lawyer and they are REQUIRED to cease all questioning until he is present. The police actually didn't do anything unconstitutional from the info we were given.

chronicX357 said:

they ARE allowed to search your curbside garbage without a warrant and CAN obtain a warrant from evidence found in your garbage.

Curb-side garbage usually sits in the city's street right-of-way and therefore is the city's property even though you maintain it.

Nautica

GettingLean said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but, since they raided you because your roomate was a major dealer, and fucked you in the process, couldnt you just tell them that the gear was your buddy's? Hey, since he caused this mess, i'd fight fire with fire. Your "friend" put your freedom in jeapordy and he's responsible for this whole f'n ordeal. I would do two things:

1. Get an attorney
2. Tell them the gear belonged to your roomate.......Hey, who are they gonna believe? You or your drug-dealer roomate?

BTW.....do you have a prior criminal record? If not, you are gonna look good in all of this! Best of luck my friend!

:angel: GettingLean

GettingLean said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but, since they raided you because your roomate was a major dealer, and fucked you in the process, couldnt you just tell them that the gear was your buddy's? Hey, since he caused this mess, i'd fight fire with fire. Your "friend" put your freedom in jeapordy and he's responsible for this whole f'n ordeal. I would do two things:

1. Get an attorney
2. Tell them the gear belonged to your roomate.......Hey, who are they gonna believe? You or your drug-dealer roomate?

BTW.....do you have a prior criminal record? If not, you are gonna look good in all of this! Best of luck my friend!

:angel: GettingLean

the problem with that theory is that all his roommate has to do is deny the whole story! if the house is in his name its "his drugs or what ever" even if its really not! same thing with a vehecile, if a passenger stuffs something illeagel under ur seat upon getting pulled over and the cops find it and the passenger says its not his....guess what! its yours!

just deny everything and get a lawyer! sounds like an easy case to beat....

this whole trash on the curbside thing bothers me. could someone explain it to me in laymens terms?

i know they can do it, but it's never seemed right. yes my trash sits in my yard (not in the street). i've entered into contract with a private firm to come to my house weekly to pick that trash up.

now i read the main test is whether i have a subjective expection of privacy and is that expecation of privacy reasonable.

i park my car on city streets and think society has a reasonable expectation of privacy in the police not being able to root through your car. my car is private property, so is my trash. everything in my trash can have proven ownership. or take it a step further, is it unreasonable for society to think police can come onto your property and start looking around. be it 5 feet or 500 feet? isn't private property private? why isn't somethig like trash considered private property? i've paid for everything in it?

i've never signed anything that says if something sitting at the edge of my yard constitues my giving up my expectation of privacy. what if my car were parked next to the trash. do i then have to give up my expectation of privacy?

i know the key term here is "reasonable" but please explain it to me. this is one of those things that has always bothered me. and now that it's come up. . . . .

FarBeyondDriven said:

But what if your garbage was not on the curb and in your yard besides your house?
10 feet of your yard is still county property.

did they find empty vials or filled ones?

Just let them know that the source you received your gear from no longer exists.

Stick with that...NEVER GIVE THEM MORE INFORMATION. They will threaten the hell out of you. But if your sources web-site no longer exists, then there is nothing they can do.

Top Bottom