Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can large amts of Green Tea lower Thyroid hormones levels??

CLEMDOG

I've been drinking Green Tea for about a year now and a few months ago started doing more research on it. I learned more about it and became very impressed with its wide range of health benefits. So I went out searching for a standardized extract that wasnt too expensive and found 1000ct. at Kilosports.com.

They offer 1000ct caps, 100mg, standardized to 50% polyphenols (50mg) at a price of $30.

I went ahead and order them and I'm taking one with every meal along with 1 100mg ALA with every meal, so I get about 7-8 per day. I may also have a cup of green tea or two throughout the day.

My mom knows I take them and a few weeks ago said she had read somewhere that taking large amts of green tea may actually reduce the levels of the thyroid hormones. Does anyone know if this may be true? I'm trying to lean out and if taking in large amts of green tea extract is going to lower my thyroid levels then I need to cut back, but dont want to without some sort of evidence to support that claim.

http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cach...+green+tea+and+thyroid+&hl=en&start=5&ie=UTF8

Is Green Tea Dangerous to the Thyroid

March, 2001

by Mary J. Shomon

In response to my article on green tea as a weight loss aid, some readers expressed concerns regarding the high fluoride content in tea, and the negative relationship between ingestion of too much fluoride and thyroid problems, as well as other health concerns.

This is definitely something to be considered before deciding to take green tea.

While green tea has some definite benefits in the cancer-prevention and metabolism-boosting arena, the fluoride content may, according to some practitioners, be a concern for the public in general, but specifically for thyroid patients.

For more information on the green tea/thyroid/fluoride connection, please see Andreas Schuld's letter regarding the issue, which is online at his website.

GREEN TEA, FLUORIDE AND THE THYROID: OPEN LETTER TO: Susan Cameron-Block

For more information on the connection between fluoride and thyroid disease, read:

Fluoride May Not Prevent Cavities, and Can Cause Health Problems, Including Thyroid Concerns

Fluoride: The Hidden Danger in Your Drinking Water and Toothpaste

Top Bottom