Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bod pod bodyfat testing is SHIT

DaMan

I've been doing hydrostatic bf testing for the last few years and have always hovered between 12% (years ago) to a tad over 10% recently.

I decided to spring for a bod pod test yesterday to get something "more" accurate. Well, apparently the fina and an hypocaloric diet have sent me to 14% bf, and I'm guessing those veins in my lower abs are probably fat too. She told me that was "very good" because I should be around 20% as a healthy male. OMFG.

$120 down the fuckin' toilet... save your money.

www.bodpod.com

what is the "bod pod" one of the bodyfat scales?

Thos things are bullshit, but I think the hydro isn't much better. Even the caliper calculations are ridiculous. If you just took the obliques (which takes 4 seconds) you'd get a similar % than that of the whole hydro thing. At any rate, what's the difference? You're as fat as you are and you can see it. If you need to lose fat, what good is a testing do? I hardly use a BF test or even a scale. The mirror tells all.

20% BF healthy?.....what school did this rocket scientist graduate from?

These calipers and fancy BF testers are complete nonesense. According to some of these calculations i can get guys to show up with a measurement of NEGATIVE BF ......which basically means their dead!

The mirror is really the only fail safe....the veins , cuts , striations , cross-striations , glutes , hamstrings , abs , lower back...that is the key.

I think the mirror can be to subjective for some people.

I like the calipers. The main thing is you have to find a tester that is reliable. Don't convert the mm readings into a percentage. Use the mm readings to judge your progress.

I would like to hear more about DEXXA.

macrophage69alpha said:
DEXXA and the MIRROR (or photographs)

Photographs are the best IMO, you look at yourself in the mirror everyday and tend not to notice things as much. Both times when I've gone "Holy Shit, I have to lose weight, going on a diet right now" were after seing photos of myself.

To the person who was wondering what DEXA, or DXA (sometimes); (I think it's a typo above) stands for: It is Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry.

It is THE accurate measure of body fat %. It's like an MRI of your body and it breaks down your body percentages into Bone, Muscle, and Fat.

AustinTX said:

To the person who was wondering what DEXA, or DXA (sometimes); (I think it's a typo above) stands for: It is Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry.

It is THE accurate measure of body fat %. It's like an MRI of your body and it breaks down your body percentages into Bone, Muscle, and Fat.

:p

Top Bottom