Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice for program adjustment

bommakr

Hey Gents,

'Got another question for you guys. I've been making solid gains since that last time I wrote, so I appreciate all the advice from the last thread. For this one, I want to add a power/cardio routine, but don't want to over train or under recover; specifically for legs and calves.

I hit legs heavy on Monday, then again on Thursday with a medium/light routine. I want to add cycling and occasionally sprinting to the program, but I'm not sure where to plug it in to get the most power, strength, and size without hindering muscle growth. One example I had specifically for my leg routine is:

Monday heavy legs
Thursday Med. legs
Saturday Cycle/sprint

I know the whole body is affected but legs are my focus for the most part. I maintain a 3600 calorie, high protein diet @ 5'4" 158lbs and I'm pretty proportional all around.

Any advice and/or criticism is always appreciated, so thanks in advance guys.

BD

I've been doing a sprint/ agility routine on Sunday mornings for a long time now. With stretching, it lasts about an hour and a half, total of 80 runs in sets of 4. It's pretty exhausting. I will only do legs on either Weds. or Thurs. so that I minimize the chance of injury. Unless your used to the sprints and cycling already, you might want to be careful about doing heavy legs on Monday. Your muscles and joints (esp. ankles and hips) might still be recovering.

Good point man, thanks.

I've used cycling and sprints in my program a few years ago but I never went heavy afterwards, so maybe I might throw it in the middle this time, and stay light only if I feel that I can complete my other sets properly. I really appreciate the feedback.

BD

Top Bottom