Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where Is The Missing Link On My Deadlifts?

Thanks Cubanito. I will re-read some of that stuff and try to incorporate it. As far as cleans go , Tues was the first time i have ever even attempted a clean. I couldnt in the 4 sets i did figure out the little hip bump, so i did them completely wrong. Menaing i snatched it from the floor all the way up to the point were i just rotated my elbows enough to get under it. The bar never touched my legs one time. I will figure it out, but any way i did 135 for 5 then 185 for 3 then 225 for 3 then 275 for 1. I know it aint much but you should have heard the laughter when i did them going straight form the floor to my chest. I migh ttry them again and will let you knwo what i do with them.

1 dawg that is a great idea. You mean whne you actually squat down to grasp the bar for a pull you have the band through your belt and under your feet? If i understood that correct that is fuckin ingenious! Good idea. Thank you . Those will diffiently be done.

Also do you ever suspend the bands in the rack and pull were the weight gets heavier as you go up? Those are my favorite for board presses and Richie M from Orlando does the deadlift kind. What do you thnik of those?

Deads

The lightened deads are very helpful. Especially if you get stuck somewhere after you get past your knees. As for speed deads, don't go above 70% too often. Another way to use bands for speed deads is to stand on a short box in the power rack with the bar on pins. Put the bar at the heighth it would be if you pulled off the floor. Then attach a band around both ends of the bar and run it under your feet so your standing on it. Then do your pulls. You might want to limit it to 5 the first few times, as its kinda different.
It does take a little practice to learn to pull backwards but once you figure it out it will help lots, so will the band deadlifts on speed day. The great thing about these are that they let you work on form and get lots of reps in without overtraining. Good luck

No, I do not do the rev band dl. Actually I do zero max effort pulling. I dl like shit in the gym so I don't even waste my time by doing rack pulls, rev band dl's, etc. I spend the majority of my time doing good am's -- about 10 out of 12 weeks are good ams. Yes, you have the band setup pictured right.

oh, and the band thing is done for your speed pulls. Be prepared -- they will kick the shit out of you.

Excellent ideas guys. Shit if i cant get soemthing from what i have read i dont knwo what will do it. If ya'll think of anything else let me know. But thanks for the help. I need it!

DAMN a 275 clean I wish I could clean that. One thing I've learned from doing them when they say explode from the ground they mean EXPLODE like shooting straight up into the air. You should always face straight up. One more thing which I'm not sure if it will help for deads or not but I know it helps for cleans when you put one leg say ur left leg under tha bar positioned and you have ur right leg back it creates more kinetic energy which will help you explode more. I might wanna try this for deads myself see if it works. I know I do it for cleans.

Top Bottom