Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sagi kalev... top shape

What sort of diet do you/should i follow once i am in condition to maintain it, i have a farily fast metabolism but have decided against bodybuilding now, i just want a 205-210 physique year round in shape.
last Q.. What sort of gear would sagi be taking to maintain in shape all year long? would he ever come off it?

MASSIVEMONSTER said:
what sort of weight should someone 5`8 be for fitness modelling at a low body fat % (6-8%)?? Is 205-210 too heavy?

5'8'' at 205-210 at 6% is pretty huge. like Mak was sayin.. 185-190 would be more like it.

Last edited:
Re: sagi kalev... shredded!!

Yeah 205-210 is pretty big for modelling but not for bodybuilding IMO which is why after ten years i have had enough of trying to gain more weight and just happy to consolidate my gains and maintain a good look ONCE I diet down. Last summer i was 7% body fat at 207lb so after gaining a few lb i`d be around 210 now at 7% which would prob be too big for fitness modelling but sagi kalev looks about my size if i was that lean again and hey he has made a mint so its always an option if i get lucky! :artist:

Last edited:
210 is too big for a 5'8" frame. I would go for 185-190 at 5%. That would be about right. The main thing is how you look. It's very important to be proportional. They don't want someone with huge arms, but no back. Or huge delts, but no chest. You have to look balanced. If you are balanced you can be bigger and get away with it. At 210 and 5'8" you would look too big for fitness modeling.

I don't know what Sagi is on because I don't know him. I'm not going to speculate either. I doubt that he stays on all the time, since I've seen pics of him where he looks 175 and pics where he looks 190.

Fitness modeling is a tricky biz. I never got into it formally, but I made the mistake of appropriating my image and giving a few pictures of my torso to an agent. Next thing I knew I was seeing those pictures pop up in magazines, but with some distortion, souch as added contrast/diminished color, revered axis, whatever -- in an attempt to indemnify whomever was selling that image I guess. Like anyone else, I know my body and I took a few pics to a lawyer to pursue the issue, but since I had already sold the images once (without an agent -- BIG MISTAKE) I had no recourse.

Right now I couldn't model for anyone. Just as I was getting back in I had a role in a film (I am currently shooting) that required me to look more normal than I usually do. So here I am at about ten percent or so and I fucking hate it. But the role is fun and I think this year is my year.

Anyway, today I just reneewd my Bally's membership. I had tried to do it several times before and always something got in the way at the last minute, so I was never able to implement the plan I posted here a few months ago. That being said, I am now preparing myself mentally to return to a completely shredded state, just as soon as this shoot is over (two weeks to go!)

Unfortunately I will have to do this naturally as my source was busted. But at 38 years old I think I have enough muscle memory to expect some good results anyway.

BTW, the bodyweight for fitness modeling is entirely dependient on your individual proportions. Interestingly I grew an inch in height over the past few years so I am six feet tall now (barely under) and my "fighting weight", so to speak, has gone up correspondingly. The pic I posted in 2001 was at about 170lbs, then in '02 I was 173-175. I think I will go to 177-180 this time at about six percent bodyfat. 2oo on a 5'8 frame is gigantinc in pictures, especially film. I weigh 195 now and look puffy on film, although strangely muscular in the arms. Sort of like Stallone in Copland. Its truly horrifying.

I agree shredded. A casting director that I'm talking with told me that I would have to be smaller for film. That's my ultimate goal so that's cool with me. My fiance keeps telling me I will be miserable when I'm smaller since I love muscle so much... ;)

I think i could be around 190-195 in excellent shape (6% bf) naturally but like you stated Mak, I love muscle and being 205 at 6% on gear is awesome in the summer!
I think I will have some shots done here in the UK and send to agencies in London and see how things pan out.
Not expecting a great deal but keep fingers crossed. I gotta diet down now though from 13% doing four days low carbs (150g) and one day high carbs (400g) for 5-6 weeks.
Final Q.. What gear is best for a photo shoot? Would you say plain prop and arimidex at 1mg a day or should I add other hardening agents? :artist:

well there are 2 ways to look at things when it comes to casting

a. ok you will rid yourself of muscles and look like everyone else = you will be just like everyone else and never get casted for anything

b. or keep yourself muscular (not ifbb muscular just above avg.) and look for casting calls that require that and you have a better chance of getting any work

there is plenty of jobs that require in shape guys and its common sense that for every 500 guys who attend casting calls maybe one is in extremly good shape, I know its crazy how so many decide to tone down so much so they can get acting work and after they tone down they still get no work, dont make that mistake.

Most muscular guys ive seen at casting can barely talk let alone act, so when they get no call backs they blame it oh im too big, if you know how to act and look good + muscular you have a 100% better chance of getting work then the regular joe

Top Bottom