Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MYTH: Rich Get Rich and Poor Get Poorer

The United Nations Human Development Report is simply a tool used to push the idea of global welfare and taxation.

Instead of furthering the cause of political and economic freedom, they simply use the class disparity to scream for more aid, which is more often than not, stolen by the dictators and regimes that are causing the problems.

p0ink said:

writes Professor Sala-i-Martin. "And if our indexes say that inequality rises, then rising inequality must be good, and we should not worry about it!"

Not to be a negative nacy but that statement is incorrect. Rising income per capita inequality can exist when:

1) the income per capita growth rate of a significant portion of the worlds wealthy persons exceeds the positive growth rate of a significant portion of the worlds 'poorer' persons - which is what shes referring to. The 'good' income inequality.

2) the income per capita growth rate of a significant portion of the worlds poorer persons falls at a faster rate then the decline of income per capita of the worlds wealthy persons

3) the income per capita rate of growth of the worlds wealthy persons is positive while the income per capita rate of growth of the worlds poorer persons is negative.

Or was she being sarcastic? I couldnt tell. My brain is foggy today.

Last edited:
I didn't real all of that first long ass post. But i have read many studies that support it as fact that the gap is widening between the rich and poor in the U.S. and that it is predicted to continue in this trend. Now i don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. Look at all the corporate scandals. People are greedier than ever and moral values are declining. How is it that some scumbag can defraud investors out of millions of dollars and get a slap on the wrist because he wears a suit and has a degree and some uneducated dolt might steal something and get 10 years prison time. Money buys justice. This is not a just world and it never will be

That all depends on what you consider rich. Are different tax brackets the dividing lines between who is rich and who is middle class and who is poor?

There are so many ways to invest your money and put it into different things so that the tax burden isn't really that bad. 90% of the time it is impossible to get rich quick. To develop a decent amount of wealth a person must have patience and time. Without those most will give up and spend their money. Like the tortoise said-Slow and steady wins the race..Whether a person Has $100 to invest or a million, it still is money saved-and over time with the same determination that led the person to save that first 100.00, they will save more and build on that savings. You must also use your time wisely and look for Good Values in that time you do use.

"the rich get richer and the poor have more kids" that we all can agree on...i read that once and think it accounts for a lot of the $$$ gap

I recently got one of the funniest yet strage karmas ever from my post on this thread. I'll share:

What, hey yo, if I had 24, nigga gotta get the raw Run all in nature boy's spot, put one in his head at the door For the times that I payed for 20 and he gave me 12 The other 8 had to be baking soda by itself So nature boy, fuck you, you dead now

lol, I can only wonder where this came from. Although the shit I used to sell had no baking soda.

bravo

sereneman said:
I didn't real all of that first long ass post. But i have read many studies that support it as fact that the gap is widening between the rich and poor in the U.S.

if you read the article more closely you would have realized that this is on a global scale.

yeah I did read that part. I was just using our country as an example. It's a lot worse in some other parts of the world.

Top Bottom