Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN - My 35lb Cutting Journal

Friday - Day 12

10:30

1/2 banana
1 small orange
1/4 cup pure OJ
whey
almond milk 1 cup
4 cups coffee
3 tbsp half and half (that coffee habit isn't gone yet!)

WORKOUT

75 min. JOG/WALK 20 min. walk LISS 20 min. HIIT/Interval 1/4 mile @5.0-5.3, 1/4 mile @3.5 35 min. LISS 3.5 4.5miles

2:30
whey and water

3:00
take out coffee - large with half and half

7:15
low carb (no noodle) veggie lasagne home made - 1 slice (I know macro breakdown from recipe)
romaine, tomato, cucumber, 6 kalamato olives, 2 tsp olive oil, 20g light feta

10:00 - POWER YOGA - 30min.

10:30
phyto veggie mix and water

14 glasses of water

1125 cals
55gF 61gC 50gN 92gP

Just curious since I have never competed. It is a possible goal of mine wayyyyy down the road once I get this medical related stuff figured out, but is it common for people competing to be really stressing out their bodies too? Thinking pre-contest shredding, etc. It's such a cycle of extremes (from some of the info I've read) and then some people just eating protein, veggies and a bit of fat for 6 weeks out, working out 3 times a day plus posing... then cutting out salt, then cutting/lowering water, etc. It sounds really challenging, obviously...but also a real strain on the body. Or is this just how some do it, and there are other methods? Just curious. :)

So the low cal thing is not going to help the adrenal issues. It will just add more stress, but I take a crap load of vitamins and I'm trying to stick in the 1000-1200 cal range.

Good luck with the sleep issues. I know that's such a pain! I struggle too and have tried so many different things.

Obviously, I'm opinionated on this type of subject! LOL But I think it's great you're asking the questions. And I always say, it's my opinion but I will say I've spent a few years and many, many hours researching and reading and learning.

YES...getting ready for a show is stressful on the body AND imo...the fitness industry is FULL of so called trainers who will give you advice of super low cal and tons and tons of cardio. You may get on stage BUT it can be a trade off! There is a huge underside to competing that we never see because we never talk about. So many of those women end up in a really bad rebound, pop on 30-40 lbs in a very short period of time and then go back to low cal/ cardio, can't lose weight, binge eat, and so on and so on.

There is a whole new movement in the bodybuilding industry to get rid of the myths (again, watch that Layne Norton videolog on metabolic damage). A lot of people now, especially if you're natty, don't cut sodium, don't cut water, don't extreme diet and so on. It's a lot to even go into but basically what I'm saying is when the time comes for you to think about competing if you get a trainer who has you doing those things that you wrote or eating 1200 calories, FIRE them!! ;) (I type that with a smile too...teasin ya a bit).

I've done a lot of reading on adrenal fatigue too...another one of those long term fixes.

Once you hit your goal, really consider reverse dieting and building up those calories, especially if going into a prep mode is your bigger plan. And...promise us if after a few more weeks, you aren't seeing results (and making the assumption you don't need meds for medical issues), consider trying another way. You know what the definition of insanity is right?!? ;)

I hope you know, too, I'm supporting you and I'm here to help ya or at least give you another way to view things. You do keep great logs and I know you're dedicated and I want only success for you! :)

Good luck with the sleep issues. I know that's such a pain! I struggle too and have tried so many different things.

Obviously, I'm opinionated on this type of subject! LOL But I think it's great you're asking the questions. And I always say, it's my opinion but I will say I've spent a few years and many, many hours researching and reading and learning.

YES...getting ready for a show is stressful on the body AND imo...the fitness industry is FULL of so called trainers who will give you advice of super low cal and tons and tons of cardio. You may get on stage BUT it can be a trade off! There is a huge underside to competing that we never see because we never talk about. So many of those women end up in a really bad rebound, pop on 30-40 lbs in a very short period of time and then go back to low cal/ cardio, can't lose weight, binge eat, and so on and so on.

There is a whole new movement in the bodybuilding industry to get rid of the myths (again, watch that Layne Norton videolog on metabolic damage). A lot of people now, especially if you're natty, don't cut sodium, don't cut water, don't extreme diet and so on. It's a lot to even go into but basically what I'm saying is when the time comes for you to think about competing if you get a trainer who has you doing those things that you wrote or eating 1200 calories, FIRE them!! ;) (I type that with a smile too...teasin ya a bit).

I've done a lot of reading on adrenal fatigue too...another one of those long term fixes.

Once you hit your goal, really consider reverse dieting and building up those calories, especially if going into a prep mode is your bigger plan. And...promise us if after a few more weeks, you aren't seeing results (and making the assumption you don't need meds for medical issues), consider trying another way. You know what the definition of insanity is right?!? ;)

I hope you know, too, I'm supporting you and I'm here to help ya or at least give you another way to view things. You do keep great logs and I know you're dedicated and I want only success for you! :)

Again, so appreciate this and that you're not bashing me for doing it the somewhat desperate/stupid way. It isn't for a lack of trying the 'right' way. There is a very good chance I fell into somewhat of a contest prep training/eating program without knowing it back in 2008-2010 then. Just from what you're describing...and makes me wonder if that was a good part of the weight gain. That being said, I went from putting in a lot of miles/training to resting a foot injury. Obviously stopping that kind of activity cold turkey and being pissed about it (so not bothering much with other areas of fitness) played a role.

I am absolutely not looking to set myself up for further failure. Not wanting a training eating disorder, etc. That being said - tricky catch 22 because I want to see results.

Here's the kicker!! I am nervous to even type it...but I got on the scale today. It went DOWN!!!!! I'm so excited and relieved. It's been close to 8 weeks of nothing, and prior to that as I said, up down, up down 5lbs since the first loss. 149.5! Haven't been in the 140's since last June! :) Maybe it's a whoosh! lol I'm not officially measuring/taking pics til Monday.

This makes me want to resist taking any hypo medication just because I don't want to do any further long term damage...this surely can't just be water weight as I see physical change in the mirror the past few weeks. Shape I want (getting there) but still covered in far too much BF%.

This also makes me feel I'd like to keep cals closer to at least 1200 for now. Obviously the more I drop in cals faster, the more I'd have to drop closer to ideal weight. Which is counter productive. And dangerous. Again, not at all my goal here.

My concern still remains WTF do I have to drop cals so much to see results. I will ABSOLUTELY slowly increase cals, and do my best to be smart about it once I reach goal or get within 5-10lbs of goal. And certainly get it together or try to get further assistance before considering competing.

I think not giving up, not binging and saying F* it has helped through the insanely long stall.

I had considered not posting my log anymore because of the switch to VLCD, but I'm going to continue. It keeps me honest, I appreciate the feedback and again, if I can help a rookie or someone in the same boat it's worth it. I know this is what I look for when I research and want to know about ppl's (female specifically) results and trial and error factors. :)

Lyle's vlog is awesome! He's right on and it makes sense and I'm betting I'm in a cycle of it. I don't like admitting that...but it sounds like it. Unless, of course, I find out more about these blood tests.

Don't want to get cocky...but I'm going to keep moving forward and hope to see more results and though this is hard - the harder part is going to continue to be finding what I can consume, still train and maintain. But I ain't there yet! lol

Long post....over and out.

Sat Day 13

Same as yesterday (Got tired of changing up food)

But with 1 extra protein shake scheduled in 45 min.

WORKOUT
30 min. LISS walk

I promised some results here...:)

Life's been a bit nuts, but I've stayed on course. I gave myself a very much needed 'free' day on Saturday which wasn't as free as it could have been. I had 2 potatoes, fried up in some butter with sour cream and chives. Mmmmm. At separate times. Not much protein. Those carbs add up! Biked 16 miles that day. Cals came in around 2600 and that included some much needed wine. lol Scale jumped up like crazy next day and Monday and I did my measurements/weight today. No time for pics. promise tomorrow. (but those are just for me at this point.)

Drum roll...
April 17th - 155 scale weight
Today - May 14th - 151. (Saturday, pre-free day it was 149.5) I lost 8.25 inches! This is nice. One of those was even in my upper thigh which is amazing for me.

So I'm happy to see progress. It's still stupid slow from a scale weight perspective. I'm NOT thrilled at the calories I'm keeping right now. I can't get into a doctor right now to deal with the thyroid results and missed tests.

I have also increased my water to 15 - 8 oz glasses. Is that 3 litres? Think so. lol

OK, you're winning! I will step it up. What are the other benefits here for training from upping it? Forgive the newbie sounding question.

Monday - Day 15

10:00
Coffee 2 cups
half and half 2 tbsp

11:15
whey
8 strawberries
2 cups coffee
2 tbsp half and half

TRAINING

Varied upper circuit, with super sets 3 sets, 15 reps, varied weight - 60 minutes
HIIT Run 1.10 miles (sprints, then recovery) 16 minutes

3:30
I can tuna
1 tbsp mayo

4:30
large take out coffee with cream

7:00
3 oz lean ground beef
1 whole wheat bun - 1.6 oz
.5 oz asiago
1 tbsp pickled relish
6 oz white wine
mustard

3:30AM
1.6 oz whole wheat bun
2 tbsp pb
1 6" banana

1618 cals
67g F
116 C 95 Net
102g P

Stressful day - didn't plan food very well, hence dinner choice and a need to eat at 3:30am...

Day 16 - Tuesday

12:50
Large coffee with cream
xtend

1:15
2 large eggs, 1 tsp coconut butter

4:30
whey and water

6:45
Veggie lasagne (homemade, no noodles) 1 slice (232 cals)
baby salad greens, 2 cups
1 tbsp creamy cucumber

795 cals
45gF 24gC 19gNet 67gP

Wednesday DAY 17

11:30
2 eggs
1 tsp butter
coffee, 2 tbsp cream

1:00
whey
progressive vegegreens scoop
xtend

TRAINING

Varied resistance (upper and lower much like Monday)

Reverse grip lats 40lbs
lat pull downs front 40lbs

tricep reverse grip singles 10/20lbs
dips me

shoulder press (military) 12lbs
front row 12lbs

reverse flies 8lbs
front raise 8lbs
side raises 8 and 5lbs

3 sets, 15 reps
3:00
whey and water

6:00
1 large coffee with cream

7:15
3 oz chicken breast, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp butter
1 cup broccoli
2 cups swiss chard

WORKOUT

PM LISS - ELLIPTICAL 60 minutes 3.15 miles level 8-15 resistance
11:00 (post workout)

4 tbsp pate (oops)
4 jumbo olives
.5 oz asiago cheese
psyllium

1385 cals
84gF 47gC 27gNET 111gP

My change right now was to do Tues/Wed/Thurs. more KETO, Fri.-Mon. add carbs back in but more in fruit/veggie

I need to get rid of that *fing coffee and cream. It's a go-to stress/work thing.

Top Bottom