Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is More Really Better??

zsimpson22

You see guys all the time who are ripped, and say "I bust my ass two times a day in the gym" then everywhere in the bodybuilding community you hear over and over, "do not overtrain". So which is it? Bust your ass multiple times a day? Or work once a day on one or two muscle groups? And does being on cycle mean that you can train as much as you want? This whole difference of opinions has me confused?

I'd say a huge percentage of people cannot work out twice a day due to job, family, etc. 4-5 days a week are great IMO. I usually try an due 2 body parts each time. On cycle ur recovery is much quicker which means u can work out body parts more often. But if I didn't have such a demanding job and wasn't a family man I would prolly go to the gym 2 a day a few days a week.

I'd say a huge percentage of people cannot work out twice a day due to job, family, etc. 4-5 days a week are great IMO. I usually try an due 2 body parts each time. On cycle ur recovery is much quicker which means u can work out body parts more often. But if I didn't have such a demanding job and wasn't a family man I would prolly go to the gym 2 a day a few days a week.

2 muscle groups a day is what I do also. But if it's okay to go twice a day, then what is the definition of "overtraining" ?

You see guys all the time who are ripped, and say "I bust my ass two times a day in the gym" then everywhere in the bodybuilding community you hear over and over, "do not overtrain". So which is it? Bust your ass multiple times a day? Or work once a day on one or two muscle groups? And does being on cycle mean that you can train as much as you want? This whole difference of opinions has me confused?

2 weeks ago I did the everyday twice a day with only a day break and got a little weak on a few reps on my squats and I was craving bad carbs and sugars (a sign of high levels of cortisol a stress hormon that breaks down muscle tissue and makes u store fat)....so I immediately took a week off and now am back to working out every other day again and feel allot better....i feel like I can eat clean again and am not getting tired and weak like 2 weeks ago...allot of ppl say your body produces testosterone when u workout but thats not true...actually when u workout your cortisol levels go up and your testosterone go down...thats why u need breaks....but when u inject testosterone...u will always have testosterone in ur system..so u are always in a anabolic mode....and thats why allot of ppl loos gains when they come off a cycle because they over train....when am on a cycle...my 2 times a day workout will be something like chest flat incline decline...than a few hours later tries and cardio...now if am doing low weight high rep....I supper set than a few hours later I do cardio....sometimes I workout everyday sometimes every other day...just depending on how I feel cuz u can still over train on gear specially if ur receptors had enough of what ever anabolics ur taking and dont wanna respond to it

It depends on how you structure your two a day.
Example of what I've done successfully is
Strength work in the AM with some conditioning stuff like sprints/sled

Hypertrophy/Structure work the the PM

Since I break it up, I get more out of the hypertrophy because I'm mentally refreshed as well as physically in terms of muscles being able to recuperate some what.

Of course if you do something like DC training, then yes, you would overtrain if you added more work.

it really does not matter whether you train two a days or one a day... it matters HOW... fuck you could train five a day, but if it was shitty, no intensity, lalalalala it doesn't matter.... everyones threshold is different and overtraining to you may be different to overtraining to someone else... the key is to try different routines and find out what works for YOU... not for anyone else, but for you... when it comes to training, everyones body responds different... its just like diet... some people have to eat a certain way as opposed to others due to metabolism, body reaction, etc... The way that I train may seem like overtraining to some but for me, its not... It works for my body... That's up to you to figure out... You can try different people's approaches and see how it works and tweak it to your needs and demands... You can definitely get to a point of overtraining but to actually define what that is may be impossible because everyone's body reacts so differently... I do know this, you should be damn tired when you leave the gym... not pass the fuck out tired, but you should get your sweat on and you should feel like you really did something in there or your not working that hard and your not getting the most out of your gym time...

I feel the same as Dylan, I do 2 a days 6 days a week. Each session I train one major muscle group. In the AM I do heavy weights, longer breaks and lower reps and at night I train more for conditioning. Lowers weight, higher rep range and short breaks. More supersetting and drop sets. But like Dylan says its all about how your body reacts. I tried to heavy am and pm and I hit the wall. Dead tired during training and mentally drained at work. Then I decided to switch it up and some people would probably say i am overtraining also but if your diet is in check and you feel like you aren't burning yourself out and can recover in time and making gains then hell go BALLS TO THE WALLS!!!

No pain no gain!

when PLJ did his transformation he trained twice a day. and he did not put anything in his body that was not a muscle building food or unhealthy. take that for what its worth.

if you go out there and max out twice a day or you do 150 pullups you will definately overtrain really fast. its just like running.. you don't wnat to go out there and sprint 90% max everyday or you will start getting injuries. you want to be at 60%.

its actually a good idea to train twice a day cause you release more hormones but like i said above don't go out there twice a day and max out

and you don't have to necessarily lift twice a day. you can have sex, swim, do some yard work, canoe, go for a walk etc. any activity will release hormones. even fishing will do it! sitting on your ass with a beer, chips and watching the game WILL NOT! so get active

as far as will AAS help recovery.. YES!! that is an advantage they give. increased RBC's will speed up recovery.. you will notice after hard workouts you will feel muscle soreness for a less time on then off.

and since you are confused i will suggest looking at my push/pull/leg 3 day split below in my sig. you work a muscle group each session, then workout another the next sesion, then a 3rd the next session. you will like that a lot and it IMO blows away circuit training which i see a lot of females/older dudes do.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys. Def helped clear up some confusion. I do 2 muscle groups a day on a 4 day split routine, and feel like it works perfect for my body. I do cardio and abs on the "rest day" in between. I was just thinking if going twice a day is going to help even more, then why not? But now that I think about it, why try to fix my workouts if their already working perfect for me! It's pretty crazy how different everyones body reacts to certain things. And stevesmi, I'll def have a look at that in your sig.

^ sometimes more can lead to improvements for short amount of time- like a peak week where you jack up the volume n food n then back off the volume next week to allow for super compensation.

It's worth a try- (2 week trial)

Top Bottom