Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

frustrating bench press platuea

ok guys one of the most recent routines i was doing was
MON,thurs
benchpress
sholder press
skulls
curls(only thurs)
db row(only thrus)

TUES- row, curl

SAT- squat, deadlift or sldl

thats about it, i kno its probly a shitty routine
thats why im trying to make one so i can acualy make my bench go up. short term goal- bench 225 long term bench 300.
thanx guys

speed benching, not only did i gain 20 pounds on my bench press in 6 weeks i gained some endurance as well.. along with increase on incline bench and military press:)

Debaser said:
1. I could help him by listing a routine but I'd rather see his first.

2. His bench will go up, but he needs to get his diet and training in order to do so. This is the right way to do it, obviously.

3. Hardgainer magazine, Beyond Brawn etc. by Stuart McRobert. Most people know nothing about intensity cycling, or they use too much volume, or they try to add weight to the bar too quickly. He does NOT need specialized powerlifting techniques just to break a little over 200.

1. How do you know that a routine that YOU list for him is better for HIM than the one he is doing? We all react differently to the same training.

2. His bench will go up....how? It just will? And "he needs to get his diet and training in order"...talk about a generalization. I haven't seen him post his diet or training yet...so I couldn't tell you if it needs work or not. Maybe he is in school and works 40hrs a week...and is sleep deprived. Perhaps he lost a hand in a farming1` accident and he has to bench with a hook (quite impressive, btw). My point being, you don't know what is causing the plateau until you have all the factors in the equation. And jumping to the conclusing that it is Overtraining or that he is a Hardgainer is not very helpful.

3. I have actually read some of S.M.'s writing. You still did not answer the question. How do you determine at what point one would need specialized powerlifting techniques? Since you KNOW that he doesn't need it yet...it must be written somewhere. Is it the same for everyone? Where is the rule book?

4. Haven't you been actually training less than a year? Time in the gym is a better learning experience than the internet. We all have to find what works for us.

Hannibal said:

1. How do you know that a routine that YOU list for him is better for HIM than the one he is doing? We all react differently to the same training.

Debaser thinks everyones body is the same for some reason... Its kinda funny

Hannibal said:

2. His bench will go up....how? It just will? And "he needs to get his diet and training in order"...talk about a generalization. I haven't seen him post his diet or training yet...so I couldn't tell you if it needs work or not. Maybe he is in school and works 40hrs a week...and is sleep deprived. Perhaps he lost a hand in a farming1` accident and he has to bench with a hook (quite impressive, btw). My point being, you don't know what is causing the plateau until you have all the factors in the equation. And jumping to the conclusing that it is Overtraining or that he is a Hardgainer is not very helpful.

Hannibal,

With all due respect, Debaser has a point.

I cannot read D's mind and draw from it a routine he envisions for the Shredder; but then again, what SS is doing is not working. It's likely that a different approach is in order.

On the second count, Debaser clearly meant that, once Shredder's training and diet is in order, his bench press will go up.

Training can easily be adjusted to compensate for "life-stress," and it can be fixed to accomodate someone who has lost his hand (which Shredder would probably mention).

OTOH, one cannot often choose to simply work less, or slack off when they're on the job, so there's no way to adjust that stress except to rethink one's training. If stress is a problem for Shredder and he's progressing, then in fact his training ain't in order either, and hence needs work.

I do agree, however, that we should avoid hasty generalizations; e.g., "you're a hardgainer" or "you're overtraining."

But we need to keep Debaser's words in context here:

If we don't see your routine there's no way to help.

IOW, he's reserving final judgment until he has "all the factors in the equation," as you said (and I agree). But...

You are probably stuck from overtraining. You sound like a real hardgainer at 140 lbs.

Probably stuck from overtraining. Most likely, he's right.

Given his sticking point and bodyweight, Shredder is probably young. So it's very likely that he has succumbed to the same enthusiasm we all did when training was still somewhat fresh, when virtually everyone overtrains in the belief that "more is better."

(I don't agree that a 140 lber. is necessarily a HG. I started out weighing 120 lbs., ripped but very small. And I'm not a HG, nor was I 3' tall. Even Paul Dillett started out as a real lanky little weed, and he grows from sneezing.)

guys im only 16 lol
my diet is pretty bad but i try and do my best wiht what we have at my house. and i dry and drink some proitien shakes sometimes.
i can gain weight pretty good but when i start not eating enough i can lose some weight pretty damn quik probly cause i have a fast metabolism.

guys im only 16 lol
my diet is pretty bad but i try and do my best wiht what we have at my house. and i dry and drink some proitien shakes sometimes.
i can gain weight pretty good but when i start not eating enough i can lose some weight pretty damn quik probly cause i have a fast metabolism.
oh yea i posted my routine already at the top of pg 2 if u didnt notice it.

on a side note i think ill make an online journal here after i get a routine set up.

SuperShredder said:
ok guys one of the most recent routines i was doing was
MON,thurs
benchpress
sholder press
skulls
curls(only thurs)
db row(only thrus)

TUES- row, curl

SAT- squat, deadlift or sldl

So what that basically amounts to is:

Monday - chest, shoulders, triceps