Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doggcrapp Training

future

Freelance Writer
Platinum
Doggcrapp Training

Doggcrapp Training has been out for a while now. Some know Doggcrapp Training as just being called DC Training. Whatever you call it, Doggcrapp Training is a great way to train. I am gonna share some of my personal experiences on Doggcrapp Training along with my thoughts.

I see Doggcrapp Training being successful for a few points:
Real experience
Creativity
Motivational
Recovery

Doggcrapp Training was created by Dante Trudel who is a self proclaimed hard gainer. He started as a thin 160 pounds and has been as high as 300. He came up with ideas that made sense for him. Dante shared this in an interview with Ron Harris in regards to his creation of doggcrapp training: “I started out with the old volume training concepts just like everyone else does who reads what Arnold and the boys did and what the newsstand magazines put out there as "the golden rules".....but I got to a point where I started thinking "there is no rhyme or reason to this". It all seemed based on obsessive-compulsiveness instead of deductive reasoning to what truly builds muscle mass. I think alot of modern day bodybuilding routines are built on "the must principle" which is fanatical bodybuilders thinking "I must do inclines and declines and cable crossovers and flat bench and pec deck and flyes for chest this workout or I wont have all the bases covered and I wont grow". I think thats flat out wrong and again comes from direct obsessive-compulsiveness. DC training did evolve over time as I trained more and more bodybuilders and noted their results. Back in the early 90's it was the same basic concepts as today but had slightly more volume to it. Thru trial and error over the last 13 years or so I've honed it down to what you see today.”

Doggcrapp Training involves a lot of creativity to keep things fresh and unique. Every doggcrapp training session has the potential to be totally unique and different. Doggcrapp Training involves rotating exercises and training days.

The standard rotation is taking workout a (chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness) and workout b (biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads) and alternating in a 14 day split:

Monday (Week 1)
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

Wednesday
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Friday
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

WEEKENDS OFF

Monday (Week 2)
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Wednesday
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

Friday
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

WEEKENDS OFF

REPEAT ROTATION

You only do 1-2 exercise per muscle group per day but you're hitting each muscle group twice every 8 days. The lower volume of exercises means that your body can recover more rapidly, which in turn allows for a short turnaround between training sessions. When you stop progressing on an exercise for maybe 1-2 sessions you dump it and replace it with another one that works that same area.

Doggcrapp training uses rest pause training as its staple for its rep scheme. A rest pause set is basically three small sets but only about 20 seconds in between. Not a lot of time but thats the point. That first mini set is gonna be hard. But it gets harder on the next two sets. You need to do controlled breathing and mentally focus to be ready!

After you do enough warm ups the first set is performed to failure followed by 10-15 controlled, deep breaths before performing another set to failure. This is again followed by 10-15 controlled, deep breaths and then a final set to failure before moving on to the next exercise or muscle group. Control the weights in good form on the positive and negative of the lift. Nothing extreme. Just control the weight.

The premise of this rotation and rep style is really just like eating our meals. We do a little less but more often. Sure the oldschoolers will still want to do their 20 sets for chest once a week...but yet they won't eat like that? We laugh because it seems stupid to even consider that. So why train that way? Olympic lifters have made a staple of doing less more often for decades. The brief sessions along with a high protein diet recommended by Doggcrapp Training will help your recovery a lot! And with doggcrapp training you won't bite off more than you can chew while staying motivated with the constant change.

Nutritionally speaking Doggcrapp Training has some key points like no carbs after a certain point in the evening and LOTS OF PROTEIN. Keeping the carbs in check can keep you gaining size while not looking like a can of lard. Green tea is also recommended not only as an antioxidant but a non-stimulant for of thermogenesis or fat burning. Now matter what the arguments, high protein diets help to build muscle with resistance training. We also no that while carbs are ok they should be accounted for more than fats. These diet points are just that...and always open to being adjusted for the individual.

So you are blasting your body in the gym. Kicking butt in the kitchen. And then your training really starts to stall. Sometimes its as simple as having an off session so possibly wait a bit and see how the next time goes with that workout. Maybe you are just totally run down period. TIME TO REST. This is when you go from your BLAST to your CRUISE. Take 1-2 weeks to deload and let your CNS recover. Maybe do some very light, new exercises a couple days out of the week. Maybe just rest outright. You need to assess that honestly. Even the die hard gym rat will want to keep going but if you don't rest with something like Doggcrapp Training when the time comes you are gonna literally turn into a pile of doggcrapp. SO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY. No supplement is gonna save you at this point. More protein will not help when you just need to rest. All those things are great but you still need time to recover.

Doggcrapp Training is something that has always appealed to me. I love training to failure. I love mixing it up. I love the completeness of the training system. It's a great way to build maximal muscle for many. Doggcrapp training also appeals to the compound exercises like squats, deads and presses so having a background in powerlifting I certainly can appreciate that perspective for effective training. If you want to try something different while using an established program then give Doggcrapp Training a try.

For more information on Doggcrapp Training go to:
Doggcrapp Training Q & A - Need To Build Muscle

Doggcrapp Training

Doggcrapp Training has been out for a while now. Some know Doggcrapp Training as just being called DC Training. Whatever you call it, Doggcrapp Training is a great way to train. I am gonna share some of my personal experiences on Doggcrapp Training along with my thoughts.

I see Doggcrapp Training being successful for a few points:
Real experience
Creativity
Motivational
Recovery

Doggcrapp Training was created by Dante Trudel who is a self proclaimed hard gainer. He started as a thin 160 pounds and has been as high as 300. He came up with ideas that made sense for him. Dante shared this in an interview with Ron Harris in regards to his creation of doggcrapp training: “I started out with the old volume training concepts just like everyone else does who reads what Arnold and the boys did and what the newsstand magazines put out there as "the golden rules".....but I got to a point where I started thinking "there is no rhyme or reason to this". It all seemed based on obsessive-compulsiveness instead of deductive reasoning to what truly builds muscle mass. I think alot of modern day bodybuilding routines are built on "the must principle" which is fanatical bodybuilders thinking "I must do inclines and declines and cable crossovers and flat bench and pec deck and flyes for chest this workout or I wont have all the bases covered and I wont grow". I think thats flat out wrong and again comes from direct obsessive-compulsiveness. DC training did evolve over time as I trained more and more bodybuilders and noted their results. Back in the early 90's it was the same basic concepts as today but had slightly more volume to it. Thru trial and error over the last 13 years or so I've honed it down to what you see today.”

Doggcrapp Training involves a lot of creativity to keep things fresh and unique. Every doggcrapp training session has the potential to be totally unique and different. Doggcrapp Training involves rotating exercises and training days.

The standard rotation is taking workout a (chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness) and workout b (biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads) and alternating in a 14 day split:

Monday (Week 1)
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

Wednesday
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Friday
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

WEEKENDS OFF

Monday (Week 2)
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Wednesday
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

Friday
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

WEEKENDS OFF

REPEAT ROTATION

You only do 1-2 exercise per muscle group per day but you're hitting each muscle group twice every 8 days. The lower volume of exercises means that your body can recover more rapidly, which in turn allows for a short turnaround between training sessions. When you stop progressing on an exercise for maybe 1-2 sessions you dump it and replace it with another one that works that same area.

Doggcrapp training uses rest pause training as its staple for its rep scheme. A rest pause set is basically three small sets but only about 20 seconds in between. Not a lot of time but thats the point. That first mini set is gonna be hard. But it gets harder on the next two sets. You need to do controlled breathing and mentally focus to be ready!

After you do enough warm ups the first set is performed to failure followed by 10-15 controlled, deep breaths before performing another set to failure. This is again followed by 10-15 controlled, deep breaths and then a final set to failure before moving on to the next exercise or muscle group. Control the weights in good form on the positive and negative of the lift. Nothing extreme. Just control the weight.

The premise of this rotation and rep style is really just like eating our meals. We do a little less but more often. Sure the oldschoolers will still want to do their 20 sets for chest once a week...but yet they won't eat like that? We laugh because it seems stupid to even consider that. So why train that way? Olympic lifters have made a staple of doing less more often for decades. The brief sessions along with a high protein diet recommended by Doggcrapp Training will help your recovery a lot! And with doggcrapp training you won't bite off more than you can chew while staying motivated with the constant change.

Nutritionally speaking Doggcrapp Training has some key points like no carbs after a certain point in the evening and LOTS OF PROTEIN. Keeping the carbs in check can keep you gaining size while not looking like a can of lard. Green tea is also recommended not only as an antioxidant but a non-stimulant for of thermogenesis or fat burning. Now matter what the arguments, high protein diets help to build muscle with resistance training. We also no that while carbs are ok they should be accounted for more than fats. These diet points are just that...and always open to being adjusted for the individual.

So you are blasting your body in the gym. Kicking butt in the kitchen. And then your training really starts to stall. Sometimes its as simple as having an off session so possibly wait a bit and see how the next time goes with that workout. Maybe you are just totally run down period. TIME TO REST. This is when you go from your BLAST to your CRUISE. Take 1-2 weeks to deload and let your CNS recover. Maybe do some very light, new exercises a couple days out of the week. Maybe just rest outright. You need to assess that honestly. Even the die hard gym rat will want to keep going but if you don't rest with something like Doggcrapp Training when the time comes you are gonna literally turn into a pile of doggcrapp. SO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY. No supplement is gonna save you at this point. More protein will not help when you just need to rest. All those things are great but you still need time to recover.

Doggcrapp Training is something that has always appealed to me. I love training to failure. I love mixing it up. I love the completeness of the training system. It's a great way to build maximal muscle for many. Doggcrapp training also appeals to the compound exercises like squats, deads and presses so having a background in powerlifting I certainly can appreciate that perspective for effective training. If you want to try something different while using an established program then give Doggcrapp Training a try.

For more information on Doggcrapp Training go to:
Doggcrapp Training Q & A - Need To Build Muscle

Thanks for the inteligent and consise explanation bro. Good stuff right here for sure!

Well its a really broader concept. Dante and others obviously customize training for each guy so its hard to explain it when the style is somewhat emorphous from client to client. :) I am lucky that I get to see Dave Henry and Scott Stevenson train. Hard core is the theme!

That's very cool. I've only seen Dave Henry on the BFTO Dvd's by Mitsuri and yeah, intense is an understatement. Dude just seems to be an all around intense person though. Kind of an in-your-face kinda guy all though he might have just been on a boatload of halos leading up to to the big O at the time LOLOL!

Top Bottom