Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doggcrapp Training

I just saw this, right now most of my rest pauses have been near the lower end of the range, I may check my weights again and see if I can progress with more weight a bit faster.

I just found out why you really, really need at least one day between lifting days.

I tried doing lower body after upper, but my back really wasn't up to the seriously heavy squatting, so I had to stick to the same weight as last time.

I am really happy with my form though, full on below parallel, bum to floor type squatting.

As my quads are one part I want to bring up, I am annoyed that it wasn't as full on as possible.

Extreme stretching hurts, but I think it will make all the difference with my quads.

I know Dante has said that you can change exercises for your widow maker on legs, but as I have front squats and back squats for my heavy set, do you think doing another widow maker with squats is ok with both?

I did swap it up to hack squats tonight after back squats.

I tried to take SLs advice right away. I'm keeping everything on the high end of the rep range. I do not increase in weight until i can surpass the high end. Maybe next blast i'll try and keep it in the middle but i'm liking this protocol now because its keeping me from overdoing it. Everytime i get tempted to up the weight when i didn't reach the high end of the rep range previously, i sort of slap my wrist, put the same weight back on, and get determined to break the previous week's rep #. Its a different kind of motivation so to speak, i reward myself the following week by upping the weight if i can push out the high end of the rep range with the current weight.

Also for the legs/back issue, i scheduled my floor deadlifts and barbell squats as far apart as possible. I need a lot more than 1 day between these 2 movements :)

This is so confusing!!!

Any one got a link that can give ma a laymans explanation of DC?

The short answer is no LOL. The best thing to do is go to IntenseMuscle.com - Powered by vBulletin and read the stickies. I would personally start with this one:

UPDATED--DC training Newbies ***read this first and then ask questions later - IntenseMuscle.com

It seems that people get frustrated that there is not a sort of "DC for dummies" somewhere. IMO (n00b speaking here) it is not possible to write such a thing. The first thing that must be done is to unlearn all that you have learned. Become a blank slate. Free yourself from any preconceived notions of the necessities for volume. This has to be done before grasping DC. Because no author can do this for the reader, a quick summary is not really possible.

Just my 2 pennies.

Thanks Onebreath, good info as usual.

OK, so who advocates DC training on EF? I mean, are the results spectacular?

The guys with the most experience that i know of are ceo, SouthernLord, mwm5, and Rageofsparta.

Myself, Tatyana, and Thandie just started recently. They are keeping journals in the Womens section and i have one in this section.

the_alcatraz and ironwings are planning to start in Jan.

This is not a newbie program. It is not even an intermediate program.

It is an advanced program for those who get the whole concept of pushing yourself and going balls to the wall every time you train.

Dante has said that this is one of those 'last resort' sort of programs if you have exhausted all other methods for putting on muscle.

It is an advanced program for those who get the whole concept of pushing yourself and going balls to the wall every time you train.

Dante has said that this is one of those 'last resort' sort of programs if you have exhausted all other methods for putting on muscle.

Exactly! Which is why there is no "DC for Dummies" of sorts. DC isn't for everyone. Some folks will never be ready for it. Some folks will take a long time to be ready for it. Others will be ready for it after as little as 3 years of serious training.

People should know their body and be in tune with it in all aspects and have been seriously lifting for at least 3-5 years before starting DC.

Do you know how your body responds and its limitations in areas like training, recovery, diet and supplementation, rest? Do you "listen" to your body and learn quickly from it?

For example, I know exactly what my body requires nutrition-wise before I am ready to go into the gym on blast day (110% balls to the wall effort, max weight for 12-20 rest-paused reps). If I don't have that minimum requirement, I won't have a good workout and will not beat my logbook. It's like planning a road trip. You know you need at least half a tank of gas to get to your destination without stopping because you know how many miles it is, and how many miles your car can go on half a tank. And that's just one piece of the puzzle!

Even then, no matter what you think you know, when you start DC even the most experienced, in-tune with themselves lifters will learn something about themselves.

Thats good...cos Im no newb!!!!

However this program looks like its gonna take a LOT of planning, think Ill take my time and see how Onebreath and Tat get on :evil:

I must say, I been volume training the ast 4 weeks, slow reps and very high intensity and Im likin the results...

Also Im at a fairly advanced level Yoga and I like the idea of the stretches involved in DC....keep us posted

Ok, I think I am into about week 4-5, and even with coming off the diet and eating loads, I am pretty sure I am putting on some serious mass.

The last time I weighed the amount that I do right now, around 72 kg/154 lbs, 11 stone 4, I looked like a big fat bloater.

I am not shredded by any means, and I have some tummy and lower back chub, but I still have the whole BBer shape, and I look BIG.

:heart:

doggcrapp is my favorite by far. i get awesome gains from it. i have ran this program twice so far i am in my third now.

Top Bottom