Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Djeclipse's Intermediate 5x5 take 2.

blut wump said:
It's good to see your new journal up and running. Congrats on your PRs.

I remember deadlifting at the last gym I attended. About half the time I'd do it someone would wander over and want to reminisce about how they used to deadlift before the war. Of course, they all lifted more than I was using until they slipped a disc, broke their knee, put their back out, tore a fingernail, etc.
yea, i kinda know how that is... back when i was in school and i used to play soccer, occasionally, some old guy or the other on his walk would stop by and ask whether he could join in. talk would revolve about how he used to be a fantastic striker. now, when i work out i see these narrow shoulder, wide hip old men looking at me lift with the same expression as the old soccer players... kind of like "you think that's heavy, when i was your age i pulled 800..." :rolleyes:

nelmsjer said:
IP is my coolest groupie, ever. :D She's a hot, bar loading machine!!!

Can I borrow her for my Wed. workouts? Sometimes the hardest part about the deadlift is loading the dam bar...

Which reminds me another thing about yesterday. The gym wasn't that busy and there is no place to sit by the squat rack (I was doing my deadlift right behind the squat rack as there is no where else to do them). So i went and got one of the flat benches to sit on while resting between sets.

Just after I finish my first set these 2 team lifters come over and ask if they can use the bench. Since I am only sitting on it and not actually using it I couldn't say no it's al yours. But then I look around and I see a completely empty bench right next to those 2 morons. a55holes. If I were to design a gym I'd make sure there was more then adequate seating right next to the squat rack and power racks.

Last edited:
djeclipse said:
Can I borrow her for my Wed. workouts? Sometimes the hardest part about the deadlift is loading the dam bar...

Sure thing. :lmao:

Our gym has a deadlift loading rack. You hike it up under the bar, and it lifts the entire weight off the ground about 3 inches. Perfect, but still work. :)

djeclipse said:

Which reminds me another thing about yesterday. The gym wasn't that busy and there is no place to sit by the squat rack (I was doing my deadlift eight behind the squat rack as there is no where else to do them). So i went and got one of the flat benches to sit on while resting between sets.

Just after I finish my first set these 2 team lifters come over and ask if they can use the bench. Since I am only sitting on it and not actually using it I couldn't say no. But then I look around and I see a completely empty bench right next to those 2 morons. a55holes. If I were to design a gym I'd make sure there was more then adequate seating right next to the squat rack and power racks.
there was a post on that... roll the side that you want to load the next 45 onto a 5lb plate and it becomes easy.

blut wump said:
It's good to see your new journal up and running. Congrats on your PRs.[/b]

Thanks, I think making a journal is great incentive, if I miss a day eveyone will know about it so I have no choice.

I remember deadlifting at the last gym I attended. About half the time I'd do it someone would wander over and want to reminisce about how they used to deadlift before the war. Of course, they all lifted more than I was using until they slipped a disc, broke their knee, put their back out, tore a fingernail, etc.

There is always someone that will talk about lifting more then what ever you're doing and then imideatly follow it up with some excuse as to why they can't do it now...

WannaBeBig72 said:
You know it's funny. I never see anyone doing deadlifts at the gym. The 3 years I've been going I don't recall ever seeing anyone do them (maybe they were I just didn't notice). I saw some guy who wasn't that big doing them the other day and wanted to go over and congratulate him. You also never see anyone doing real squats (hell alot of peole don't even do pussy squats either). Even bent over row I really hardly see people doing. I mean alot of guys in the gym are much bigger then me, so hopefully eventually all this core compound olympic lift crap pays off.

ya, come to think of it there aren't many people doing any of the lifts I do except for the bech prss which everyone does.

I don't see anyone doing standing military press.
Dead lift, there are 3 other people I have seen do them and they are the power lifters...
Full ATF squats...ya right(minus the power lifters),
Rows from the ground, for get about it, everyone knows you hit the lats more if you do them at a 45deg angle...

nelmsjer said:
Sure thing. :lmao:

Sweet ;)

Our gym has a deadlift loading rack. You hike it up under the bar, and it lifts the entire weight off the ground about 3 inches. Perfect, but still work. :)

That would be so nice, I assume it's Kind of like a bike stand (motorcycle), lifts the bike up just enough so the tire is off the ground. Now to try and talk the gym into getting it for us. I wonder who makes them.

silver_shadow said:
there was a post on that... roll the side that you want to load the next 45 onto a 5lb plate and it becomes easy.
Ya, I do that, but it's still a pain in the ass.

djeclipse said:
Sweet ;)

That would be so nice, I assume it's Kind of like a bike stand (motorcycle), lifts the bike up just enough so the tire is off the ground. Now to try and talk the gymin to getting it for us. I wonder who makes them.

Ya, I do that, but it's still a pain in the ass.
yea, bending over between sets is always a bitch...

Nice deadliftin'. Don't worry about rambling in your entries; more info is helpful for us now and for you when you refer back to this journal in the future. I love how pretty much all of your posts turn into mini-"morons at the gym" rants. :D

Regarding the meds, you might want to talk to your doctor about trying something different. It doesn't do you much good if the side effects are as debilitating as (and, in terms of effects on lifting, probably worse than) the headaches.

Also, WannaBeBig72, you do know that there's a "post reply" button that allows you to reply without quoting another post, right? :)

Cynical Simian said:
Nice deadliftin'. Don't worry about rambling in your entries; more info is helpful for us now and for you when you refer back to this journal in the future. I love how pretty much all of your posts turn into mini-"morons at the gym" rants. :D

I don't know, it seems there is just always at least one moron doing something rediculous every time i go to the gym.

Regarding the meds, you might want to talk to your doctor about trying something different. It doesn't do you much good if the side effects are as debilitating as (and, in terms of effects on lifting, probably worse than) the headaches.

I know, I don't know what I am going to do, and so far no headache since I started taking them, and I don't feel as tired as I did the last 2 days. We'll see how it goes. It will be a hard choice, life without headachs or making all your reps while at the gym...

Also, WannaBeBig72, you do know that there's a "post reply" button that allows you to reply without quoting another post, right? :)

lol

Top Bottom