Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

did i mention that i love suspended good mornings

i wasn't doing chain suspended GMs even though i already had the chain setup but after watching the videos and seeing you animals crank up the weight, they are a regular exercise in our rotation. of course you have me beat on the GM (for now), but u just wait. :)

IRISH....how did you come to decide on the height to suspend the bar at. Reason I ask is that ours it at about 34-36" for GM's...and that is LOW. Do you think that the extra weight that you can handle at a higher position...helps in getting you used to handling heavier weight....a bigger carry over perhaps??

Ditto Hanibal's question.

I have been varying the height of my pins for gm's. I will now begin to vary foot position as well, as I really suck when my feet are close together.

But just for giggles, i am going to set up my pins at 46 inches next week, and do GM's with a wide stance to see how far I am lagging.

B.

first post didnt take.. reposting

hannibal/bmonster

I like to vary the stance and height of my good mornings. I also believe that you need to get your body prepared for taking a weight in stages. At 46.5, I have about 6" of movement. I feel all six in my back and hips, believe me! Later I will lower the chain height, and even later, lower it again.

Personally, I feel that the good morning positioning should put your body in a position that is similar to a squat or deadlift. Going that low just does not seem to be too productive to me for a max effort attempt. I do go all the way over with lighter weight for reps but NOT an ME movement. It seems to put my back in a very dangerous position.

Also B: your close stance probably sucks because your lower back is weaker than hips. My training partner is opposite. He has weak hips and stronger lower back.

How do I know that this exercise works? Well, tomorrow I will feel like I have been hit by a truck or had sex with a 300 pounder in an all night session. By the way, if any of you bigger gals would like to volunteer, I will incorporate you into my next ME workout. On second thought, you need to be 325 cause I want to try a PR!

But I digress.....

/irish

Top Bottom