Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Compare your bench/rowing/cleaning ability

vin01

I didn't want to hijack cwc73's thread about cleans and rowing, and I was also interested in seeing other peoples lifts..

What do you currently bench, BB row, and clean?

ATM, my 5 rep max on bench is 235, 5 rep on bb rows are 185, and my 3 rep clean is 155.

I am interested in seeing the correlation between bench and row power, and also how cleans factor in..

by the way, here is my routine for anybody interested:
every other day i do:
3x5: bench, squat, military, rows, tris, bis, power shrugs;
5x5: pullups; 5x3: cleans; 5x10: dips, calf raises
using this routine i have added ~6% weight per workout to my bench and squat, 4% to my standing military and clean, and 7% to my bb row.
However, I think I will burn out from this soon, doing it every other day..

dont know what i can do now, since basically i am just getting back into training seriously... took about 2 years off when i stopped competing, but anyway, my best lifts at those exercises were

bench 512lbs (no shirt)

BB row 425lbs for 3, 405lbs for 5, and 365lbs for 10 (i never maxed that i can remember or find in my training log, but all those are at 90 degrees and strict)

clean 463lbs (this was a full squat clean, the most i ever powercleaned was 419lbs)

i think ideally you should be somewhat even on those three lifts. most of the kids i train can clean more than their bench, and row a little less than their bench. i was never all that quick, which is probably why my clean was so low relative to other lifts.

as an interesting note, one of the guys who trains here recently did 352lbs for a set of 20 on BB rows, all pretty strict, which is damn impressive. we also used to have a guy training who did a 1 rep max on the BB row at 90 degrees with 505lbs. he had a big old back, huge traps. he could only bench about 400lbs or so, so his back was definately his strong bodypart.

vin01 said:
I didn't want to hijack cwc73's thread about cleans and rowing, and I was also interested in seeing other peoples lifts..

What do you currently bench, BB row, and clean?

ATM, my 5 rep max on bench is 235, 5 rep on bb rows are 185, and my 3 rep clean is 155.

I am interested in seeing the correlation between bench and row power, and also how cleans factor in..

by the way, here is my routine for anybody interested:
every other day i do:
3x5: bench, squat, military, rows, tris, bis, power shrugs;
5x5: pullups; 5x3: cleans; 5x10: dips, calf raises
using this routine i have added ~6% weight per workout to my bench and squat, 4% to my standing military and clean, and 7% to my bb row.
However, I think I will burn out from this soon, doing it every other day..

5rm on bench: 295
5rm on 90* rows: 255
My power clean is broken at the moment. I suppose it'll be north of 225 very soon once I get some issues sorted (the bar is still too far out in front of me).

I've never cleaned because I've never been shown or really even seen the right technique. It's something I really need to start doing. I couldn't imagine I could clean much more than 135 lbs. My 5rm in bench is around 200 and row is around 175 parellel to the ground.

strange comparo, big squat = potential big clean

even if you have a small and weak upperbody that can't bench or row much :)

I have hardly ever done power cleans but it is still better than my bench or row. At the moment i am just trying to get the technique right before i start doing it more.

Top Bottom