Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Compare your bench/rowing/cleaning ability

OMG glenn you are an absolute monster. i cant even imagine budging that kind of weight at the point in my training..

all these posts make me think i need to fine tune the technique on my cleans..

good posts guys!

goodfellow/crayon- what do you guys weigh? i am at 185#, and can't imagine cleaning 315#. thats some powerful stuff.

vin01 said:
goodfellow/crayon- what do you guys weigh? i am at 185#, and can't imagine cleaning 315#. thats some powerful stuff.

245 pounds about, but I can't even squat 390 for 1 rep, yes my max is 385 for a one repper haha. You should see some of the ripped but 5 foot nothing oly lifters clean, they were my inspiration throughout highschool.

Sidenote: I'll give anyone a million dollars if they can teach me to power clean, I've wanted to learn for years :(

I am looking to perfect my clean form. Anybody got any links to good websites that breakdown the lift? I have several videos online (very good clips) but I want something I can read.. anything?

vin01 said:
I didn't want to hijack cwc73's thread about cleans and rowing, and I was also interested in seeing other peoples lifts..

What do you currently bench, BB row, and clean?

ATM, my 5 rep max on bench is 235, 5 rep on bb rows are 185, and my 3 rep clean is 155.

I am interested in seeing the correlation between bench and row power, and also how cleans factor in..

by the way, here is my routine for anybody interested:
every other day i do:
3x5: bench, squat, military, rows, tris, bis, power shrugs;
5x5: pullups; 5x3: cleans; 5x10: dips, calf raises
using this routine i have added ~6% weight per workout to my bench and squat, 4% to my standing military and clean, and 7% to my bb row.
However, I think I will burn out from this soon, doing it every other day..
mine is about the same

Top Bottom