Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many grams of protein per pound of body weight for Bulk/cut/maintain?

John89231

How many grams of protein do you consume per pound of bodyweight when you are Bulking or Cutting or even just maintaining muscle mass? Please only experience bros answer. Does your answer change if you are on TRT at like 150mg of test a week? Can you consume less?

I pretty much go between 1g/lb of bodyweight to 1.5gr/lb. So that's around 250-350 grams ed. Less on rest days along with total cals, and more on training days.

Always wondered about how much protein really affects muscle growth, of course it's been proven. But when in high school, I was maybe getting 100 grams ed at most. and I ws growing 10 lbs a year. I was only 140-180 in high school also.

I think as long as you get 1 gram per pound of bodyweight, youll be able to gain muscle or lose fat. obviously if you eat less protein, you can up the carbs more, and vice versa. but the minimum in my book is 1 gram/ lb.

I pretty much go between 1g/lb of bodyweight to 1.5gr/lb. So that's around 250-350 grams ed. Less on rest days along with total cals, and more on training days.

Always wondered about how much protein really affects muscle growth, of course it's been proven. But when in high school, I was maybe getting 100 grams ed at most. and I ws growing 10 lbs a year. I was only 140-180 in high school also.

That's called puberty brah :biggrin:

How many grams of protein do you consume per pound of bodyweight when you are Bulking or Cutting or even just maintaining muscle mass? Please only experience bros answer. Does your answer change if you are on TRT at like 150mg of test a week? Can you consume less?

This all depends on your goals (cut, bulk, maintain) and how your other macros fit in to the scheme of things.

1g per pound of body weight is a good start.

That's called puberty brah :biggrin:

lol, true, but if you're on a cycle like 500 mgs test, then you are getting waay more test than you were when we went through puberty, right??!
SO would it be 'safe' to eat minimal protein and still make good gains while on???
Of course you want to take in a ton of protein while on, but why can yuo gain so much on little protein when you are younger??
my diet was consistantly;
morning breakfast- 1 bowl of oatmeal
lunch- 2 tuna fish sandwiches on wheat- 1 can of tuna, 2 banana's, 2 cans of iced tea( neastea, or soda)
dinner- varied with whatever mom cooked, mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, chicken and rice, hotdogs beans (yes make your franks and beans jokes ;) ) pizza, steak potatoes, etc.

but that is no more than 100 grams of protein, mostly carbs, and I did a sport after school every day, practice for 2 hours, then hit the weights for 45 mins-1 hour 3-4 times a week. How did I grow on MINIMAL protein???

lol, true, but if you're on a cycle like 500 mgs test, then you are getting waay more test than you were when we went through puberty, right??!
SO would it be 'safe' to eat minimal protein and still make good gains while on???
Of course you want to take in a ton of protein while on, but why can yuo gain so much on little protein when you are younger??
lunch- 2 tuna fish sandwiches on wheat- 1 can of tuna, 2 banana's, 2 cans of iced tea( neastea, or soda)
dinner- varied with whatever mom cooked, mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, chicken and rice, hotdogs beans (yes make your franks and beans jokes ;) ) pizza, steak potatoes, etc.

but that is no more than 100 grams of protein, mostly carbs, and I did a sport after school every day, practice for 2 hours, then hit the weights for 45 mins-1 hour 3-4 times a week. How did I grow on MINIMAL protein???

Did you grow taller? That would explain the weight gain.

Did you grow taller? That would explain the weight gain.

ya like 2". I was 6' when I was 13. and only 6'2" now.
Ya I guess I can see what you are getting at, but still I def put on a lot of muscle during highschool also.

Yeah you can juice yourself up and have 100 grams of protein a day and still put on muscle and size. Plenty of people can grow with AAS use with total shit diets who have a bagel in the morning, a muffin at lunch, and maybe some pasta at dinner with 1 protein shake. But the gains are not nearly as clean or as great as those who have their diet together. Also, they can expect to lose everything once off cycle. They pack on 10-15lbs, lose it all in a few weeks post cycle.

Top Bottom