Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whew!!

J

jenscats5

I canned 3 quarter-pints of fig jam today along with 21 half-pint jars of mango chutney and 5 half-pints of cranberry fig chutney.....

Felt like being creative but now I'm exhausted!! They'll make great Xmas gifts however......

But I just can't imagine having to can all the food for a family in order to survive the winter back before grocery stores, freezer, refrigerators...... :worried:

Last edited:
velvett said:
You're amazing.

Can I come over so you can teach me?
I'll bring goodies!

You sure can!! (No pun intended there....get it...can? :p )

The next canning party will be for apple pie filling -- plain/cinnamon & apple/cranberry.....prolly end of Sept.

Last edited:
jenscats5 said:
I have 21 jars of it!!!!!!!!! I'll never eat it all!!
:p

Try selling it on Ebay!

We used to go fruit picking to jar stuff for the winter when I was a kid. Lots of canned peaches and applesauce, strawberry rhubarb glop, etc., shelves in the basement were filled and looked pretty with all the different colors of the foods. We also had a big garden for veggies and raspberries. Mom had a huge chest freezer and by autumn, it was completely filled with fruits and veggies along with the deer my dad would bring home from hunting trips and beef and saussage from her brothers who were farmers in PA.

Now I have a big walk in pantry and a chest freezer, but I just fill them with storebought items. I don't have to go to the supermarket all that often except for fresh items. I even freeze gallons of milk (bought 10 at a time at Costco where they're 50 cents a gallon cheaper). I do not have the desire or patience to spend endless hours in the kitchen or in the supermarket. LOL

I love homemade jam/jelly. Ever since I was a little girl my mom has made ungodly amounts of it every year. My favorite is apple butter. There's nothing like the real deal-- you know what's in it vs the artificial junk at the stores!

Good for you!

Top Bottom