Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's the holidays. How much fat will you gain?

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
It's the holidays and we are all going to be busy with related activities like parties, family get-togethers, shopping, and of course eating. Your diet will absolutely be challenged, and you are going to find it far more difficult to make time for your training, so right now is the time to proactively plan for dealing with this.

Will you keep your fitness plan on track and avoid fat gain? If so, what's your plan? Or will you just give up and get a little out of shape and a little fat?

Interestingly, I believe I will be on track to lose about 10 lb by new yrs. One of the advantages of living fairly far away from family is the ability to avoid the festive feeding frenzies.

I also tend to pass through phases when I am competing, and for some reason my life also seems to crash right after I compete so I get to do the comp rebound plus the non-training & bummer-driven eating all at once. Then I come out of it & get back on track.

Its time to get on track :)

My turkey day was last month, but I will be in the states for your Thanksgiving, lucky for me, my boyfriend's brother (who we are going to be visiting) works at a school and has access to the gym, so I have to reason to miss my work outs, and I'll have my 1 cheat meal (the dinner on thursday night) and be on my diet for the rest of my time there. His wife competes, so she will be dieting also, and they totally understand this lifestyle.

I'll schedule my weekly cheat meal on Thanksgiving and Christmas, otherwise I'm hoping to stay completely on track with my program.

I actually find it easier to diet through the holiday's... Yes I'm odd. I guess I just watch how everyone else has gotten bigger over the past year, stuffing their faces with food, and it's a turn off for me. Then they pass out on the couch or complain about how full they are and that they are going to explode. I hate that feeling! I would rather take a bite here and there, but I will definitely keep working out. I already have all my meals packed and weighed for the next 3 days. I have my one cheat meal Thursday's dinner. That's it!

I read in Weight Watchers magazine that the average person only gains 1 pound because of Thanksgiving... I'm assuming that doesn't include all the water weight gained.

On my turkey day I had 6 oz of turkey and 2 cups green beans. I lost 2 lbs that week and I was the only one in my family that didn't complain about how bloated they were after dinner. I will be having cheat meals for sure on the 25 & 26 two days of eating what ever I want probably pack on 2-4 lbs then. Oh and NYE I will be drinking so there is probably another 2 so all total no more then 6 I hope. LOL

I am just a fat magnet right now, Turkey Day or not. ;)

One nice thing is that I can just eat, without stressing. I am going to gain no matter what. ;) lol

What's truly amazing, the holidays and holiday related weight gain stopped being an issue when I developed gluten intolerance ... that's good or bad depending on how you look at it. My big downfall was always baked goods.

It's the day to day stuff that screws me up.

Top Bottom