Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Regenerating cartilage?

Sassy69

I recently got xrays of my lower back while working with a new chiropractor to deal with a lot of pain I have related to rotated pelvis and also a lot of scar tissue where the muscle connects to the tendons. (I don't remember all the technical terms...) But my L5 disk is showing degeration and I"m wondering if there's some sort of supplement cocktail I should be including in my repetoire to help either regenerate or protect what I have left. I'm thinking glucosamine + chondroitin. Any other suggestions?

Hi Sassy, you might try MSM, also fish oil like cod liver oil is supposed to help joints but your problem is disc degeneration so I wonder if that is a different issue than say degeneration of the cartiledge in the knee?

disks are not pieces of cartilege; they are some what more complicated structures involving a soft center (nucleus pulposus) and a hard shell. when the shell starts to wear out the disk protrudes; when it tears the disk herniates and can impinge on a nerve root; also it becomes dessicated and the disk space collapses leading to degeneration of the joint. i dont think these goodies are going to help much in this process. interestingly; there are orthopedists now who implant artifical disks and the FDA just approved a french version of this for use in the US but i would never suggest casual surgery for this.

PS as a neurologist i have to say a)i've seen chiropractors do a lot of damage to people and b) they usually dont know how to read the xrays they take. good luck.

Sassy69 said:
I recently got xrays of my lower back while working with a new chiropractor to deal with a lot of pain I have related to rotated pelvis and also a lot of scar tissue where the muscle connects to the tendons. (I don't remember all the technical terms...) But my L5 disk is showing degeration and I"m wondering if there's some sort of supplement cocktail I should be including in my repetoire to help either regenerate or protect what I have left. I'm thinking glucosamine + chondroitin. Any other suggestions?

Sassy69 said:

Sassy69,

Beside what you mentioned, look into hormones such as DHEA and Melatonin. They actuate estrogen, testosterone, and regeneration of cartlidge and tissue. The great thing for girls, is that your body converts it naturally. Your body knows best.

Dirk Howat said:
Sassy69,

Beside what you mentioned, look into hormones such as DHEA and Melatonin. They actuate estrogen, testosterone, and regeneration of cartlidge and tissue. The great thing for girls, is that your body converts it naturally. Your body knows best.

This might help.

Human Growth Hormone will increase your skin thickness, mucsle density, increase muscle mass, etc..........DHEA, Melatonin are the same type of hormones and do the same thing, except Melatonin is the Alpha hormone because it also acts like a super anti-oxident penetrating your mitochondria and killing anti-oxidents. It will not only act like Growth Hormone, but cleanse your entire body of anti-oxidents and increase your life span (see lab tests on rats using melatonin and pituatary gland replacements).

Awesome Shiit.

gH is subject to fundage at the moment ... but I certainly don't dispute its value for soooo many things.

melatonin - also great stuff - I can give it another shot - I used to take it to help sleep and it basically just gives me weird-ass dreams, so it hasn't been high on my list of stuff since.

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm finally getting an understanding of the source of my back soreness, but the disk itself has been thinned out - it isn't athritic but its something I don't want to suffer from in the future. Therefore ,whatever I can do to protect it or improve it will be a plus.

I checked w/ the chiro tonite - vit E & selenium are high on the supps list. I laughed, he said dont' go into the hard stuff. I"m like what? Steroids??

Top Bottom