Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about celulite?

needsize

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I dont know a whole lot about training women, so this one left me wondering. A female friend want me to help her get rid of celulite that she says she has on the back of her legs. But the thing is, she is has pretty low bodyfat and is in decent shape? So how do you get rid of the stuff when the person is already pretty lean?

spatts said:
Diet. It's fat...can't target burn it. Sorry. :(

so it is just fat? I know you cant target specific areas for fat loss, I'm just confused on how people that are lean every where else can get the cottage cheese on the back on the legs

We call them "skinny fat" around here. lol

Do you actually know her bodyfat? Skinny and lean are very different, as I'm sure you know.

spatts said:
We call them "skinny fat" around here. lol

Do you actually know her bodyfat? Skinny and lean are very different, as I'm sure you know.

no I dont know her bodyfat, I would guess somewhere around 18-20%.

Yohimburn, theres an idea that I didnt think of

I can't speak for her, but 18-20 is high for me...and at that % I would most certainly have some bumpiness. I wouldn't call it lean, for me.

Good point, VLC. Yohimburn could help, but she still has to do the dirty work. Damn estrogen. Damn. Damn. Damn. :)

Agreed, 18-20% fat is certainly not obese, but if you keep in mind that the majority of a young woman's fat will end up on her thighs and butt, then it's plenty high enough for cellulite to show. Dieting down to pretty low %bf is the only way I've ever got mine to disappear, and even then it's temporary.

It's just a chick thing. We carry more fat there, and that fat is constricted by a different kind of connective tissue than men have. This combo=cellulite

the 18-20% was just a rough guess, looking at her today in jeans and a shirt she looked fairly lean, and skinny, small waist and skinny legs, but thats not really a good basis for judging fat levels though
Thanks for the advice

In addition to diet, I'll add that leg training will help a lot. Lots of women think their legs are "too fat" if they don't look like toothpicks. Trouble is, even toothpick legs can be jiggly and have cellulite if the muscle underneath is undeveloped and soft. A little muscle size can help stretch and smooth out the fat. Plus, a trained muscle is a hard muscle, meaning less jiggle from whatever fat's on top.

Top Bottom