Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi, new here...(sorry long post)

Re: the home gym you plan on purchasing. I think most of the ladies will agree that freeweights are a better option.

Do you have room in your home for plates, bars, and a squat/bench rack?

I'm designing a home gym for my place (I rather workout at home). The total price of a 300lb plate set, bench, bars(dumbbell bars and a curl bar), and a Power Rack/Squat Rack (I haven't decided yet on which one) is cheaper than most home gyms.

Irregardless of which option you choose, check out www.megafitness.com for great bargains on home gyms, free weights and other fitness equipment. I have yet to find a site that beats their prices.

Just stopping by to say hello & welcome to EF!!! :wavey:

Never be afraid to ask questions ... there are no stupid questions ever ... this is all one huge, lifelong, plentiful & fulfilling journey .... :rose:

Happy Friday :) Make healthy Choices :D

Welcome ! Sounds like you are already heading in the right direction - if you have a leg injury that keeps you from doing HIIT I'm just wondering if volume cardio in general might aggravate it? I would start w/ steady state cardio 3-4 x/week 30-45 min I guess - make sure that doesn't make anything any worse. Training will help w/ getting metabolic rate up and diet will be key. Don't get too hung up on teh cardio tho.

Thanks girls!!

Ok so here start my newbie questions. Im trying to write down a diet plan, including mostly clean foods, around 1500 calories and 40/30/30. My protein intake in the past is always lower than my carbohydrates so i was wondering if a protein shake will help. Any recomendations? Im more interested in losing BF at the moment and worry about muscle later on, or is it possible to do both?

I have planned 5-6 meals a day. Do my calories and F/P/C have to be even on each meal? Or does the daily total matter?

Since i work 3x week in the afternoon i will be doing my cardio in the mornings.
3x week cardio
3x week weights
One day rest

When should i do my abs and power yoga? Cardio or weight days?

Supplements
I only take multivitamins for now.
I was considering taking Glucorell/Sesapure combo to help with fatburning and Cardio Breeze for some extra boost on the treadmill. Will they help at all now that my BF is high? Or should i look into them when im closer to my goals?

You have been a great help, so please bare with me until i get the hang of things:verygood:

Edited to add: Any tips or hints on how to increase my water intake besides forcing it down? I barely drink 1.5 litres a day and thats already a goal i have reached. Pathetic i know :rolleyes:

Hi there, and welcome to EF!!!!! :)

alltheway123 said:
Thanks girls!!

Ok so here start my newbie questions. Im trying to write down a diet plan, including mostly clean foods, around 1500 calories and 40/30/30. My protein intake in the past is always lower than my carbohydrates so i was wondering if a protein shake will help. Any recomendations? Im more interested in losing BF at the moment and worry about muscle later on, or is it possible to do both? Protein shakes are a good way to add it where you need it. I wouldn't recommend more than 2 shakes a day though. There are MANY different brands to choose from. Optimum Nutrition, Isopure, something from the AF store would be good too. Whatever you choose, make sure the protein is high and the carbs and fat are low or none.

I have planned 5-6 meals a day. Do my calories and F/P/C have to be even on each meal? Or does the daily total matter? Make them as even as possible.

Since i work 3x week in the afternoon i will be doing my cardio in the mornings.
3x week cardio
3x week weights
One day rest

When should i do my abs and power yoga? Cardio or weight days?It's really up to you

Supplements
I only take multivitamins for now.
I was considering taking Glucorell/Sesapure combo to help with fatburning and Cardio Breeze for some extra boost on the treadmill. Will they help at all now that my BF is high? Or should i look into them when im closer to my goals?Use them if you want to. They WILL help.

You have been a great help, so please bare with me until i get the hang of things:verygood:

Edited to add: Any tips or hints on how to increase my water intake besides forcing it down? I barely drink 1.5 litres a day and thats already a goal i have reached. Pathetic i know :rolleyes: Just force it, Girl! lol I have a hard time with this one too. I will sometimes use just a bit of chrystal light to slightly flavor the water. Makes it a little easier.

As a few before me have said......ask away! :)

I have been reading through your logs (most of you have one) and your dedication to what your doing and the encouragement you give to each other is priceless, makes me one to start one right away. ;)
Congrats to all of you!!

Ok its time for ME to get on track.
I have ordered my multi gym, it will be coming home Thursday or Friday.
Sesapure/Glucorell combo is on the way (might consider CB too when i get paid)

All i need now is to set a diet i can follow. I am clueless when it comes down to nutrition, putting foods together etc. I have been trying to do so on Fitday and...well it wont be anytime soon that i'll make a diet plan for myself. :verygood:
So i am going to start with Shadows project and continue from there until i get the hang of things.
Is the Body for Life book helpful for a starter like me? Any other reccomendations in nutrition/diet books?

Thanks for all your help!!

BFL is helpful, I've had to pull mine out to get me back on track. It lists foods that you should eat, encourages 20 min HIIT. In fact, before I joined EF, I based my speed training (I was training for a 5k and 10K) of his HIIT program. It did wonders for my speed & it kicked my ass.

Hey nycgirl
Thanks for the link on the training equipment. Unfortunately i dont have space for benches and weights, might consider turning the garage into a jym in the future but i dont think i'll be able to pursuade hubby at this point. With the treadmill and the multigym i'll barely be able to move in that room lol

So the book is helpful? Great!! Off to buy my new book! :p

Top Bottom