Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fake Bake Tannnig Lotion*

krissy

Has anyone ever used the Fake Bake self tanning lotion? I have seen really good advertisements, but I would like to know it really works well before I spend the money and look like an oompa loompa

A self-tanner is pretty much a "self-tanner". I own a tanning studio - so I'm not just talking shyt here. The ingredient you're looking for in self-tanners is DHA, or Dehydroxyacetone. The closer it is to the top of the ingredient list, the darker "self tan" you will get.

Hope that helps! :)

Hey,

I tried it and didn't like it. It looks like chocolate pudding and I found it very messy. Even though you could see it, I still found it went on streaky & really stained my hands even though I washed them really well immediately.

B

I didn't use fake bake, but I did put fake tan on last night . . . my legs looks fine but between my fingers are orange :( my boyfriend phoned me just after I did it and I didn't wash them properly ohhh dear.

Anyone got any miracle working ideas for getting rid of it??

cezza30 said:
I didn't use fake bake, but I did put fake tan on last night . . . my legs looks fine but between my fingers are orange :( my boyfriend phoned me just after I did it and I didn't wash them properly ohhh dear.

Anyone got any miracle working ideas for getting rid of it??

Hey, I have used nail polish remover before, it kind of worked or if you have something that removes hair color

krissy said:
Hey, I have used nail polish remover before, it kind of worked or if you have something that removes hair color

That was my first thought, it worked a little bit but not much :worried: thanks though! I'm going to try and get my hair cut tomorrow, so I'll ask if I can try some perming solution - that gets hair dye off my head when they mess it up!!

Or maybe I could plaster fake tan all over my hands so they're completely orange, at least there won't be obvious patches hehe :)

LOL....you're just gonna' have to wait it out! You have to be REALLY careful with DHA. It's a "stain", it will also stain your clothes and you can't get it out of those either.

scorpiogirl said:
LOL....you're just gonna' have to wait it out! You have to be REALLY careful with DHA. It's a "stain", it will also stain your clothes and you can't get it out of those either.

Luckily it's not a 'full-on' fake tan, it's a new thing over here that's a moisturiser with a hint of fake tan (don't know if you get it in America). You're supposed to build it up layer by layer to give a deep colour, and I've only got one layer on my legs (and my hands duh!). It fades on my legs in a few days if I only put one layer on, so I'm hoping it'll do the same on my hands. Till then I'll just wear gloves or something :)

cezza30 said:
Luckily it's not a 'full-on' fake tan, it's a new thing over here that's a moisturiser with a hint of fake tan (don't know if you get it in America). You're supposed to build it up layer by layer to give a deep colour, and I've only got one layer on my legs (and my hands duh!). It fades on my legs in a few days if I only put one layer on, so I'm hoping it'll do the same on my hands. Till then I'll just wear gloves or something :)

yes, we have something like that here, and by what scorpiogirl said I figure it does not have a lot of DHA in it, since you gradually tan

I am really a tanning bed queen, but lately, I have been on a preserve my skin kick, but I can tell that will not last long

Top Bottom