Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

coloring my hair black

shedevil

If a girl colors her hair black does it mean she is a lesbian? I was told that and just wanted to know what you all think.

That's a damn big generalization. If you're going for pitch black I thought that was more Goth or Betty Page. Which may or may not be a lez thing. If you are going for a nice rich dark color then it means its a nice rich dark color.

If I dye my hair stark white does that mean I"m a raving hetero? And if you go by that, any color between white & black could mean various degrees of bi.

Or you could do it and let people draw the stupid conclusions they want and just leave them wondering.

I have very dark brown nearly black hair.

I'm not a lesbo, although people thought my college roomie and I were in college but I suspect that was the boy short hair we both had.

I find boobs fascinating though - thank God I have a pair to amuse myself.

I think I was the original Goth chick just born in the wrong decade.

Once you go black...

Oh sorry wrong stereotype..

HEY, if it looks good on you and you want to dye your hair - DYE IT.
Just keep in mind - black dye looks unnatural - dark brown often comes up black looking - unless you're looking for a Goth/punk look.
Also, black dye needs to be striped out of your hair if you want to change it - so if your hair is dry in nature be forewarned.

Good Luck

And if at all possible - have it done professional or use something like Clariol Herbalesence.

shedevil said:
If a girl colors her hair black does it mean she is a lesbian? I was told that and just wanted to know what you all think.
I don't think so. Mines brown on top black underneather, with blond bands and bangs. Kind of funky but I like it :) FYI if you dye black my hairdresser told me you can't dye over that.

Peace

i dont think that she was asking if dying her hair black made her a lesbian but rather if that is a some sort of a signal that the she is a lesbain?

Maybe a signal she wants to send ; or does not want to send ; though I've never heard of it.

I would like to know if anyone has heard of this!

I was told by a friend that it is a way some chicks try to get out that they are bi, I was just curious what you all thought. I say if you like it then dye it who cares what other people think. Thanks for all the feedback!!

I have always wanted to do that. But, as a current natural blonde, it would be DRASTIC! But still wish I could get the nads to do it.

Black hair= Goth or lesbian??!!! Now that is ridiculous I think! It all depends what look you are personally trying to achieve. Also, black hair doesn't look good on everyone, just like blonde hair doesn't go with others. Honestly, it depends on your skin tone, hair cut/style, fashion sense, culture etc.

I have always had dark brown/black hair and I dye it blue black every 2 months just to touch up roots ( got white strands young :( unfortunetly) and to add that extra shine that I love. However, I am Greek with light olive skin complection so black seems to suit me very well plus it looks natural even though I dye it! Nobody has ever called me a lesbian or a goth/punk chick. Not to brag or anything, I just get compliments and people think that I look exotic. BUT I do carry myself in a different way just incase...for instance I avoid wearing too much black, and I keep my hair well groomed long and femine looking.

My point here is, don't listen to those stupid stereotypes and go with what you want to do. Do what makes you feel happy and also what looks good ofcourse:p If you wanna come across as a lesbian i'm sure you can do it with blonde hair too. If you wanna look goth...dye your hair black/blue/pink, mess it up or something and go buy the proper clothes to complete your look. If you wanna look exotic go for it, i'm sure some tanner could help if you are too light complected.

However, think about it before you do it. Black hair is a hastle if you like changing hair colors often or wanna go light again someday. Black dye is hard to get rid of, not that it can't be done but it will stress your hair out too much, especially if you have been dying your hair black for years.

So good luck to you girls deciding right now on what to do. Just THINK THINK THINK first on what your goal here is before you regret it and find out later that thats not what expresses you as a person :artist:

Top Bottom