Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quick Question: Shin Splints

Legion Kreinak

I do alot of walking to places (I don't like my bike, and I'm always alone) and have began to feel some tension in my shins when I walk at a quick pace. I only run at night, I'm more of a night person and just don't like to during the day. My question is, is this pain shin splints, and how can I prevent/reduce the pain I feel around my shins?

shin splints type pain is actually that a pain in the shin area, its painful :)

its due to a muscle damage to the tib muscle. Just as how your bicep would hurt from doing to many curls etc.
Sometimes its due to your calf muscle being much stronger than the tib muscle.
Do some toe rasies to restore the balance and to fix up shin splints pain, once you let it heal of course.
I do toe raises religiously, I hook my toes under a barbell, lean back to fully stretch the tib muscle and then raise my toes to full range of motion.

Sounds like it could work, thanks Cool. I have a this tree in my backyard (where I workout, all my equip is out there) and there are all rocks around it, then like 5 inch high leveled stones surround the base which are perfect. I'll jet my toes hang out that, plant the heels near the edge, and just do some of those. I don't have to do as many toe raises, as I do heel raises right? Because I do a shitload of heel raises for my calves and that's timely enough.

No, just 2-3 sets of 10-12 is enough, but increase the weight as you get stronger, and it will bigger too :)

I used to run alot and get shin splints. I used to ice them down after a good run or workout. It helps pretty well. I also did a lot of stretches too. shin splints cant hurt you or your muscle, they are just painful.

Top Bottom