Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Problems during wide stance squats

when I go with a wide stance for squats, I can only go down to parallel. at this point, my hips seem to be pinching something. I could do down further, but I experience pain. are there any stretches, things I should be doing prior to squatting?

There is a thread about this on the women's board...called "Hip Flexors." There are an abundance of wonderful exercises to strengthen and stretches to loosen up the hip flexors. I used to have big problem with them when I was younger, and let me tell you..stretching is about the BEST thing that you can do for them. So....get to stretching!!!

Wide stance squats can really affect the hip flexors till they strengthen. Just remember to sit BACK and not down when you squat...

B True

I stink at wide stance squats namely because I have poor flexibility in the area. When I squat I use a stance with my toes 10 inches apart. It is comfortable for me, plus I feel that the stress goes directly into my quads. When I perform leg presses, I like to use a wider stance.

Top Bottom